Toronto Cinema Tower | 142.64m | 43s | Daniels | Kirkor Architects

So long as it's clad well and integrated attractively into the tower, I think above ground public parking in downtown condos is a great idea. Parking lots are disappearing quickly downtown and the demand is clearly there.

So long as it's clad well and integrated attractively into the tower, I think above ground public parking in downtown condos is a great idea. Parking lots are disappearing quickly downtown and the demand is clearly there.

agreed. though you have to admit that city halls parking will actually start filling up now. i think the lack of parking will be sending more people on GO.

The public space looks like it will have impressive dimensions and be very visible from the street.

IMG1680-L.jpg

IMG1683-L.jpg

IMG1686-L.jpg

IMG1694-L.jpg

Last edited:
quite a bunker of a 5-level above grade parking garage ... never thought this would be acceptable in downtown Toronto (until now)

Yeah, no one even blinked an eye on this one...meanwhile, certain individuals here are up in arms regarding 501 which requires one due to its location...
Figure it:confused:

It shouldnt be confusing. Observe the context of the two buildings, and you will see the reasons why many are not "feeling" 501.

I think it's four levels above and below (commercial + residential), but grade level is retail and therefore acceptable.

It shouldnt be confusing. Observe the context and locations of the two projects, and you will see the reasons why many are not "feeling" 501.

Agreed. It seems to me a different story on Yonge, since these garage-podiums don't really blend in with street-level retail well. But I think most podiums are like that, even if they have retail. They can have an effect of making the street feel unwelcoming and dwarfed.

Back