Toronto Cinema Tower | 142.64m | 43s | Daniels | Kirkor Architects

Very nice video! Glad to see the King and John area having an attractive building such as this... looks a lot nicer than Festival.

Front page story about TIFF events tied to Cinema Tower here.

`
cinemas14.jpg

Can someone remind me why the parking garage had to be above-ground here? Even Bell Lightbox next door was able to put it underground so I don't see the problem with doing so here?

Anyways, I'm very curious to see how this one turns out.

If I'm not mistaken, aren't there two parking lots in this one? There's the below ground lot for residents, and the above ground lot for public parking?

Also, does anyone know what the Artscape space in the podium is supposed to be used for? What types of rooms are these? Classrooms, art studios, theatre space? I don't entirely understand what types of spaces these are. Thanks! :)

Artscape's a not for profit organization that offers multi use space to local communities for the purposes of artistic and cultural projects. Have a look at their site here http://www.torontoartscape.org/. Not sure how else to describe them in more depth. They're involved in many project spaces around the city, including the new Regent Park Arts and Cultural Centre being built together with Paintbox, and with Triangle Lofts on Queen West. Can anyone else add some more?

I don't entirely remember what they have planned for this space at Cinema.

Last edited:

Back