Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Looks awesome, although I still think Scotia is my standout in that pic. I love its northerly profile, esp when you can see a fair chunk of it.
Yet another building that Planning didn't want to be as tall as it ended up being. But now that it's been with us for 30 years, who could say it was a mistake to build it as tall as Campeau / O&Y did?

Looks awesome, although I still think Scotia is my standout in that pic. I love its northerly profile, esp when you can see a fair chunk of it.

Scotia is sublime and the best scraper in the country, still one of the best in world imo. Three decades later, and still immaculate... thank you red granite.

From the beaches, this is a major addition to the skyline. If anyone has a camera with good zoom, a shot from here during sunset would be well worth it.

IMG_8324.JPG

From the beaches, this is a major addition to the skyline. If anyone has a camera with good zoom, a shot from here during sunset would be well worth it.

View attachment 244223

I was thinking the same from the Spit on the weekend, where I overheard a skyline-gawker remark “that diamond-y building.”

D18226CE-56B8-4ECE-88CB-02F5721B0C03.jpeg

I was thinking the same from the Spit on the weekend, where I overheard a skyline-gawker remark “that diamond-y building.”

View attachment 244271
London has The Walkie-Talkie, the Cheese Grater, The Shard, The Gherkin. But watch out, because we got That Diamond-y Building. Coming soon: That Other Diamond-y Building

At least these are good, because they'll be forever...
Less gimmicky for sure, certainly not asking for a trade. Fun names are always memorable, though I'd be more than delighted to see "That Diamond-y Building" printed in tourism brochures

Fun names are always memorable, though I'd be more than delighted to see "That Diamond-y Building" printed in tourism brochures
I'm sure CIBC that paid X amount in naming rights would love to have the building known as "That Diamond-y Building"
That might be a good thing, however. :)

It appears that there may be a bit of height available to walk through the sky park deck after seeing the workers in the picture. The one section does not have a cross beam. I’m assuming this will be for back of the house activity/hallway between the two towers. I wonder if there will be any shared services between the two towers. Maybe just park winter storage?
BB1C3D6B-4A81-4871-B47F-E768FC59B3B8.jpeg
952609BD-0C10-4621-B883-236A0FBD619C.jpeg

Back