CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date

DSC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
I found this interesting article below but still no renderings?

That's because the Metrolinx work is to repair the existing bridge concrete and fix the (many) leaks from the expansion joints below the tracks. It should look 'the same" except not crumbling and leaking. The additional pedestrian bridges are not Metrolinx projects but will I suspect, all look like the one from CIBC Square to Scotia Bank Arena. (There will be one crossing Bay from the new CIBC tower to Union and one crossing Yonge from the new CIBC tiower to the Backstage condo building at Yonge/The Esplanade on north side of rail berm plus there will, eventually, be a new overhead PATH link from the development on the site adjacent to the Star building (to the GO bus part of the CIBC building., I think.) I think that eventually the (pedestrian) teamways will be totally renovated but think that the current work is only to make them waterproof and safe.

skycandy

Member Bio
Reaction score
A glowing T-Dot skyline from last evening. Plus a 'Diamonds Rising' GIF, from RP dated from Feb 9 2019 to May 11 2020 (15 snaps roughly a month apart). Amazing to see how quickly this rose in a little over a year. Had to double-check the dates to make sure it was correct!

CIBC1.jpg

GIF_CIBC2.gif

Last edited:

someMidTowner

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
A glowing T-Dot skyline from last evening. Plus a 'Diamonds Rising' GIF, from RP dated from Feb 9 2019 to May 11 2020. Amazing to see how quickly this rose in a little over a year. Had to double-check the dates to make sure it was correct!

View attachment 245190

View attachment 245191
Love the GIF! Why wasn't I keeping track of this angle like the others

someMidTowner

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Give this a minute to load for full speed.
All credit to @skycandy for the original photos of course:
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

skycandy

Member Bio
Reaction score
Zoomed-in crown from the SE (incredible maze up there). (Then, not-so-zoomed-in).

CIBC-1.jpg

A finer internal framing on the mech...

CIBC-2.jpg

'Degree' of angled fan more apparent from this view. Also note the diamond pattern changing as the glazing nears the top.

CIBC-3.jpg

A sense of the final height...

CIBC-4.jpg

A cropped view (some serious girth!)

CIBC-5.jpg