Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
I wouldn't be surprised if this is topped off and the crane taken down before they can remove the crane from L Tower across the tracks. :rolleyes:
You mean the crane that was removed in May 2016? Or did you mean the temporary derrick everyone around here keeps mistakenly calling a crane?

You mean the crane that was removed in May 2016? Or did you mean the temporary derrick everyone around here keeps mistakenly calling a crane?

Yeah, people don't seem to realize it's simply there so they can continue to clean and upkeep the building until the new BMU is installed.

Yeah, people don't seem to realize it's simply there so they can continue to clean and upkeep the building until the new BMU is installed.
Though this is NOT the L-Tower thread, one must then ask why the building looks so filthy and why several windows appear to be unfinished.

Who's to say. In any case - I suspect we'll be seeing a lot of steel arriving at the CIBC site in the coming month as they approach grade. The podium is going to be incredible to watch go up.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is topped off and the crane taken down before they can remove the crane from L Tower across the tracks.

I'll take that bet!

Woke up this morning with a big erection!

The first at track level steel supports appeared this morning. At the right centre of the picture on a flatbed truck, there appears to be a steel truss waiting for it historical placement.

IMG_0465.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0465.jpg
    IMG_0465.jpg
    393.7 KB · Views: 864
This park will give people a better idea of using available space and making the area, dare i say, more livable and opens up a whole new idea of parkland. This method has been used elsewhere in the world
to great effect. It will certainly be a much cleaner look to the railyard, and may induce more favourable talk from the naysayers, about the rail park just west of this one.
It will be an amazing addition.

To help a little with a visualization of the park over the tracks, I took a screenshot from Ivanhoe Cambridge 45 Bay project pages. The architectural drawing is looking towards the east along Bay St., shows the Gardiner on the left side. The visualized parking on the right side of the photo is presently the GO Bus Station

CIBC Park Level view facing East along Bay St.png

ivanhoe.jpg

Attachments

• CIBC Park Level view facing East along Bay St.png
    CIBC Park Level view facing East along Bay St.png
    412.8 KB · Views: 952
  • ivanhoe.jpg
    ivanhoe.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 816
To help a little with a visualization of the park over the tracks, I took a screenshot from Ivanhoe Cambridge 45 Bay project pages. The architectural drawing is looking towards the east along Bay St., shows the Gardiner on the left side. The visualized parking on the right side of the photo is presently the GO Bus Station

How come on the drawing shown it shows a height above grade at 287m ? Or am I miss reading it? maybe it says 237m...

Woke up this morning with a big erection!

This is actually very exciting!

GUYZ

To help a little with a visualization of the park over the tracks, I took a screenshot from Ivanhoe Cambridge 45 Bay project pages. The architectural drawing is looking towards the east along Bay St., shows the Gardiner on the left side. The visualized parking on the right side of the photo is presently the Go Bus Station

View attachment 142218

View attachment 142220

It's kind of interesting that it doesn't really go out that far east, not even to the eastern edge of the building envelope. I hope it protects for future extensions, s. 37 funds from redevelopment at 1 Front St E, 1 Yonge and others would be fantastic.

Back