Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
That about does it for the core. Floorplans are a little misleading as the sections show perhaps two more floors but the floorplans suggest otherwise (may end up being steel - interesting to see).

Last edited:
I just want to chime in with two things that will never happen.

1) This would be the ideal tower for CN to locate to IF they wanted to relocate from Montreal to Toronto. Considering how IT dependent the railways are becoming with Positive Train Control and other reasons there could be some benefits to attaining talent. Railways have always been technology driven. Plus if companies had egos moving both to Bay St and bridging the railway lines that have allowed Toronto to become as large as is has would be a part of it. They would have to pick a fight with the privatization act as they are mandated to be HQ'd in Montreal by law and with the rise of the Bloc that might not be a fight they want in the name of ego and talent acquisition.

2) Go Big. This and the Hub are pretty much the only 2 large plots of land that will anchor the south core and be considered attached to the "King & Bay"Financial Core. Also this is perfectly connected to the heart of Toronto - Union. This, more then any other site I can imagine across the core, deserves to strive to top FCP as the tallest office building in Canada.

A guy can dream.

Minor Variance application submitted for the second phase:

"This application seeks approval for alteration of the building envelope, podium and parapet heights, mechanical penthouse height and roof coverage, parking space quantity and size, and the P1 level vehicular ramp."

That one mismatched window on the east side of the building is bugging me. It looks like it wasn't coated the same as all the other glass. I wonder how long it will take for that to be fixed...
Don't panic, they seem to be moving ahead well and I am sure all the windows will match properly long before it opens.

Back