Toronto Cherry Place | 55.7m | 13s | Rekai | Montgomery Sisam

Fora Project where Council asked for, and received (I think), an MZO, the progress on this project has been alarmingly slow!

View attachment 538559

Lets have a look at where the permits are here:

1707238548002.png

1707238572038.png

1707238594346.png

1707238622607.png

1707238684291.png

1707238725644.png

Finally, the 'New Building' permit is at 'Notice Sent'.

Thoughts: This is ridiculous, and what issue is there that 'zoning' is still open?

But zero permits in hand.

Fora Project where Council asked for, and received (I think), an MZO, the progress on this project has been alarmingly slow!

View attachment 538559
Man, its just a good thing that nobody is urgently in need of seniors care and housing in this province...

...phew.

I mean a city councillor has to nag about this?

Reactions: MJP
Man, its just a good thing that nobody is urgently in need of seniors care and housing in this province...

...phew.

I mean a city councillor has to nag about this?
I emailed the Planner who speedily replied " A Site Plan Control Agreement has been prepared and is with members of the Rekai team for sign-off. That was sent over a few weeks ago.

As far as when construction will begin – that is at the discretion of Rekai."

They may not have the $$$$$.

I emailed the Planner who speedily replied " A Site Plan Control Agreement has been prepared and is with members of the Rekai team for sign-off. That was sent over a few weeks ago.

As far as when construction will begin – that is at the discretion of Rekai."

They may not have the $$$$$.

That would not surprise me.

Several LTC projects, including ones publicly trumpeted by the province are stalled; the majority of those in Toronto.

Can I say w/certainty that the LTC funding formula in Toronto is the primary or sole cause in every case........? No.

But I think it would be naive to assume it is not a significant factor in several/most or all.

See the City projects, including the new LTC planned for Scarborough, The Sinai Health/Bridgepoint facility and the Providence facility for Unity health., All going nowhere with a bullet.

The announcements when only there to get them votes, I suspect...

...they're hoping nobody is paying attention how they're not really implementing it all. /sigh

Was thinking about how this plot would seem prime for planting oversized pumpkins in an act of guerilla gardening. Then recalled some sort of raised beds an organization had set up behind Canary Diner (can’t recall who). Im sure the Y and the Indigenous health centre could find some volunteers to do a food garden here. Wonder if that could happen

Back