Toronto Cherry Place | 55.7m | 13s | Rekai | Montgomery Sisam

Has a reason been given why the "schedule" has slipped by another 2 months? It's not going to get cheaper if they wait. Time is money.
So - it's now finally starting, 4 months late. Any explanation for the delay?

IMG_5678.jpeg
IMG_5676.jpeg
IMG_5677.jpeg

Looks like they’ve turned part of the property into a parking lot for the time being. The sign put up by the Rekai Center says that all proceeds from the parking fees go to charity. Good way to capitalize on the Winter Village rush at the Distillery.

IMG_5482.jpeg
IMG_4625.jpeg
IMG_4623.jpeg
IMG_4624.jpeg

Parking lot though...when we have public transit... /sigh

Parking lot though...when we have public transit... /sigh
Until the GO has a route parallel to the 401 and TTC subway lines extend into further boroughs of the GTA to create a more interconnected transit system, I can understand why people from out of the city visiting the Distillery with their families would opt to drive.

Until the GO has a route parallel to the 401 and TTC subway lines extend into further boroughs of the GTA to create a more interconnected transit system, I can understand why people from out of the city visiting the Distillery with their families would opt to drive.
...sure, you may have got me there...because I don't have a family with dependents in tow. Nor do I live outside the city. However, The Distillery is accessible by public transit. And lots of families use such with likely some coming from out of town. So I don't entirely buy your explanation for that there.

...sure, you may have got me there...because I don't have a family with dependents in tow. Nor do I live outside the city. However, The Distillery is accessible by public transit. And lots of families use such with likely some coming from out of town. So I don't entirely buy your explanation for that there.
It’s fine if you don’t buy it, in an ideal world everyone coming into the city would use the TTC, that’s something I’d love to see in the area as well. However, I can understand why they provided parking on the land for the time being.

Reactions: DSC
It’s fine if you don’t buy it, in an ideal world everyone coming into the city would use the TTC, that’s something I’d love to see in the area as well. However, I can understand why they provided parking on the land for the time being.
To be clear, I am not disagreeing with that. Rather, it's the reason why I've expressed concern here.

I’m curious as to what they knew and when. They JUST got their shoring permit, ACTUAL work was going to begin, right? But instead they put things off for two months. Did they clear the lot just to lay down gravel for a parking? I say this knowing that the former green P on Mill st. was supposed to be a parkette - but the city leased it out to the car dealership to raise some funds for the First Parliament project (obviously moot now). And that’s been YEARS since with no progress on site.

Also, not for nothing but I’ve had Distillery visitors park as far away as St Lawrence Market then walk. Can’t think of too many who parked elsewhere in the city and grabbed transit. And funnily enough, there was at least one idiot driver tonight who found themselves in the streetcar loop.
IMG_6247.jpeg

Back