Toronto Cherry Place | 55.7m | 13s | Rekai | Montgomery Sisam

Any detail on those differences? Walked by and the phrase “-as high as an elephants eye” came to mind. You couldn’t send a dog in there without a search party and a machete to find them again.

Any detail on those differences? Walked by and the phrase “-as high as an elephants eye” came to mind. You couldn’t send a dog in there without a search party and a machete to find them again.

It's disappointing this is taking so long. The building aside, the weeds are extremely tall, as you mention. This lack of maintenance unfortunately spills over to the surrounding sidewalk and boulevard. I wish they'd take better care.

It's not going to happen, but I also wish the one large tree on the site could be preserved. It's quite beautiful. I'd love to see more buildings designed around existing trees.

From Waterfront Toronto's latest annual report (published June 2023):
Screen Shot 2023-08-31 at 10.56.54 AM.png

Has a reason been given why the "schedule" has slipped by another 2 months? It's not going to get cheaper if they wait. Time is money.
Let's see if the recent dropping of GST and PST on rental accommodation builds finally allows this one to go ahead. Here's hoping!

Has a reason been given why the "schedule" has slipped by another 2 months? It's not going to get cheaper if they wait. Time is money.

That is a great @HousingNowTO impression!

Not sure if there's a paid gig in that outside of select circles, but still very good! LOL

Ok, so the thread bump made me look up the permits.......the news is not promising, but it is confounding.

A refusal note went out for the 'new building' permit..................on zoning grounds, just 4 days ago.

1695146095207.png

Partial Permit for shoring is 'under review' - last touched at the City end Sept 6th.

The permitting stuff is likely all based in technicalities right? I can’t see anyone around there that would complain about the impact of the project.

The permitting stuff is likely all based in technicalities right? I can’t see anyone around there that would complain about the impact of the project.

It should be entirely 'small stuff'; but, once in awhile Buildings does find serious problems in the drawings.

The problems won't be about what's permitted broadly, at least that's pretty rare, but they may pose real delays if the architects/engineers have muffed something substantial.

Edit to add: You can see an example of a problem being caught at the SPA stage, in my post here:

This may push this project along. Good thing, as I am getting older by the day!

The appear to have their Shoring Permit - good thing a I am getting older by the day!

Application Detail​

Application:
Conditional Permit
Agreement in Progress
TORONTO
Ward 13: Toronto Centre
Application#:
21 250460 SHO 00 CP
Accepted Date:
---
Project:
Long Term Care Facility
Work:
Partial Permit - Shoring
Description:
Conditional Permit - Part Permit - Proposal to construct a new 13 storey Long Term Care Facility with 348 beds, 2 clinical tenant spaces, administration areas, and support services. See also 21 151369 STE 12 SA.

Examination Processes​

CP Review Process
Sep 27, 2023
Open
Conditional Permit
Panchanatham, Selva
Contact Info

EDIT:

This is also in final process

1699566848482.png

Last edited:

Back