Toronto Chelsea Green (was 33 Gerrard) | 297.25m | 90s | Great Eagle | a—A

I worry that of all the really tall residential towers proposed (Gerhy's, The One) - these will be the least architecturally appealing and if the city can not absorb it all - I would rather those others.

I wonder if this includes any surrounding properties?

Yonge Street is going to be something else in 10 years!

I did not see this coming. Quick glance at city docs the Aura FSI was 16.34 and the FSI of the rental at Bay & Gerrard is 20.8 putting this in a spot of sweet precedence.

I stayed at the Delta twice in the mid 00's and thought it was a decent 3.5ish-star hotel. I believe at one point it was the biggest hotel in the country.

I stayed at the Delta twice in the mid 00's and thought it was a decent 3.5ish-star hotel. I believe at one point it was the biggest hotel in the country.

It still is. In any case, it's very much a mid-range family hotel - though one that is showing its' age. They just went through some significant reno though, so I don't see it getting torn down that soon (who knows, I have been wrong before).

Mind you, the one major bonus is the possible removal of the off-Gerrard garage entrance.

AoD

From my perspective, this is beginning to seem a little bit crazy. 4 towers on that site seems like over-development. Combined with Aura and the 2 towers already proposed at the southeast corner of Yonge and Gerrard, not to mention the tower under construction at 43 Gerrard Street, it seems excessive. Using Aura as a baseline, I see this as a 2-3 tower site, depending on how the applicant plans on achieving tower separation. I could see a case for a taller building approaching the height of Aura, although ideally differentiated in height and in this case perhaps shorter, at the north end and a smaller tower, say 15 to 20 storeys shorter, to the south with a 5-6 storey podium and transitional massing elements between the towers and podium. Development interest in this neighbourhood has reached insane levels.

Those conceptual renderings a number of posts back seem to suggest that the hotel would become a Langham, the Eaton's luxurious sibling brand. This might explain the fewer hotel rooms allocated in the plan. One would also hope that it would demand some more refined architecture and execution in the final product.

Those conceptual renderings a number of posts back seem to suggest that the hotel would become a Langham, the Eaton's luxurious sibling brand. This might explain the fewer hotel rooms allocated in the plan. One would also hope that it would demand some more refined architecture and execution in the final product.

Those concepts are probably really old and definitely not reflective of the currently plan (no 74/80s tower for one). Guess we will find out who and how soon enough.

AoD

Back