Toronto Chelsea Green (was 33 Gerrard) | 297.25m | 90s | Great Eagle | a—A

That's true, but for the employees there, it would be pretty hard to fire them for 4 years and then hire them back. Just seems easier to do the construction on the parking lot portion of the site now, and then just flip it over once that's done. Also keeps a smaller construction crew on for longer.
There is no parking lot portion to this site. The hotel could probably lose a wing at a time though…

There is no parking lot portion to this site. The hotel could probably lose a wing at a time though…

Is the parking lot at Bay & Gerrard not included in this proposal?

Screenshot 2015-10-02 21.59.07.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2015-10-02 21.59.07.png
    Screenshot 2015-10-02 21.59.07.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,103
Is the parking lot at Bay & Gerrard not included in this proposal?
There is another development occurring right now at that lot.

The lot was previously a public commercial parking lot, not a private lot for Delta Chelsea customers. A lot of people used it during SickKids Research Centre construction.

I'm really excited about the plan to reconnect Walton Street. Currently the Walton stump is the only section along Yonge that requires vehicular access. Opening up access from Bay (or Gerrard and Elm) would pave the way for Yonge to become fully pedestrianized between Gerrard and Queen. Every business would have access to a back alley or side street for deliveries and garbage pick up.

I've said before ROCP & Aura is the city's 'biggest' disappointment given the materials at their disposal - an entire block, a pre-existing parkette, and a Deco masterpiece in the former Eatons department store. So it's vital this block to the south be given to a proven architect, maybe someone from outside Toronto,. H&P can't do everything.

I've said before ROCP & Aura is the city's 'biggest' disappointment given the materials at their disposal - an entire block, a pre-existing parkette, and a Deco masterpiece in the former Eatons department store. So it's vital this block to the south be given to a proven architect, maybe someone from outside Toronto,. H&P can't do veerything.
I, too, would like an international architect to design the buildings here, but assuming that the architect is local, HP would be one of my top preferences. I've always wanted to see what Shim-Sutcliffe could come up if they were hired to design tall towers.

Great to see some concrete news regarding significant redevelopment at this site. The middle peak in our skyline really is beefing up now.
It's going to be unfortunate that one of the only good-looking angles of Aura (from Dundas Square and the south on Yonge) will essentially be removed, along with many of the unobstructed south-views residents have, even on the higher floors.
And while the proposed heights suggest significant density, if the site includes the entire Yonge frontage, we're talking a massive site to build on regardless. Maybe down the road they'll notch the 74s and 80s towers in favour of something like 60s and 85s.

I agree the problem with Aura is the curtain wall looks cheap. One deep tone colour would of made the made the building stand out better. Nothing wrong with the shape of the building. At least it doen't look like a box! The podium should of kept in with the same giude lines as the rest of buildings at College Park using slate or stone like the U conduminiums have.
Anyway I was wondering if there's any rendering on the 46 to 80 storey structures ?

As far as I'm aware that lot is the site of a new rental building. 43 Gerrard West, if I'm not mistaken.

There is another development occurring right now at that lot.

The lot was previously a public commercial parking lot, not a private lot for Delta Chelsea customers. A lot of people used it during SickKids Research Centre construction.

Gotcha. Thanks gents! Too bad that wasn't included in this proposal. As I mentioned, it would have made great swing space for the hotel. But as was mentioned in another post, I suppose they could knock down the hotel 1 wing at a time, although that may complicate the sub-surface too much.

Back