Toronto Casa III Condos | 179.52m | 55s | Cresford | a—A

I don't know about you guys but I am really disappointed for another CASA BOX CLONE in this area.

This is why we end up having boring run down areas like regent park and other areas; owners finally decide to live in something different, leaving the area for renters.

I do not see why Cresford cannot come up with a dfferent disign knowing that it will be a sell-out anyways.

How do you figure that people who invest a heck of a lot of money into homes ("condos") are going to all walk away from their investments and magically transform a condominium corporation into an apartment rental complex? I'm hearing this a lot (more often at CityPlace) but no one has explained yet how this happens.

What is wrong with renters? I'm in a rental building - most neighbours in the building are friendly as hell plus it has great amenities, friendly and efficient management, it's clean and safe plus I love my apartment. So my second question is why are you knocking renters?

How do you figure that people who invest a heck of a lot of money into homes ("condos") are going to all walk away from their investments and magically transform a condominium corporation into an apartment rental complex? I'm hearing this a lot (more often at CityPlace) but no one has explained yet how this happens.

What is wrong with renters? I'm in a rental building - most neighbours in the building are friendly as hell plus it has great amenities, friendly and efficient management, it's clean and safe plus I love my apartment. So my second question is why are you knocking renters?

Well, the question here is; are all those investors buying these condos ( a la City Place et al ) as homes for their family or just for their return?
When people buy condos just as investment and not as homes, they eventually sell them when they've had some profits, and if finding buyers become difficult due to run down neighbourhood then low income renters take over.

No one is knocking on Renters, I rent myself. The logic here is; do all renters treat the property well as theirs? and the answer is NO !!!
When majority of units in a condo become rental, the value of the other units go down significantly so those who initially bought them as homes decide to pack it for a different environment.
This is how we eventually end up having "The Parkdales, Regent Parks, and so on..." Those places used to be nice as well.

It’s the assumption that renters don’t “care†about a property due to lack of ownership. I don’t personally agree with the stereotype. Both my neighbors are renters and I have absolutely no complaints.

Seems more of an issue with an absentee landlord. As a property owner, you have the right to regularly inspect your rented-out unit by giving 24 hours notice to the renter. If they don't maintain your investment, damage things, etc, then you can kick them out. It isn't rocket science. Yes, renters have lots of rights, but so do owners. It's the responsibility for both sides to maintain the unit. Not sure why there is this persisent fear that high-rises turn into ghettos. Many, many people would have to fail at their responsibilities for this to happen.

This is why we end up having boring run down areas like regent park and other areas; owners finally decide to live in something different, leaving the area for renters.

I was trying my best to ignore this statement... renters only rent / live in boring run down areas?

I don't know about you guys but I am really disappointed for another CASA BOX CLONE in this area.

I do not see why Cresford cannot come up with a dfferent disign knowing that it will be a sell-out anyways.

+1. council shouldn't approve anymore boxes. we already have enough boxes to fill a cereal aisle at costco.

That's the whole idea. Half the engineering is already done. Photo copy prints from from I and II and your halfway there. If it's going to sell anyway, why bother spending more than you need to.

Well, the question here is; are all those investors buying these condos ( a la City Place et al ) as homes for their family or just for their return?
When people buy condos just as investment and not as homes, they eventually sell them when they've had some profits, and if finding buyers become difficult due to run down neighbourhood then low income renters take over.

Some buy for investment, some for family, some to live in - it's a mix these days.
How do low-income renters just "take over" an owned condominium unit? Do you think the City is going to buy them up? Habitat For Humanity? Where are you getting this from and what precedent is there with what you are trying to assert here?

No one is knocking on Renters, I rent myself. The logic here is; do all renters treat the property well as theirs? and the answer is NO !!!

I've lived in three condos that I've owned and will tell you first hand that living in a rental building vs. a condominium is no different with how residents and their guests treat their homes (maintenance & cleanliness) or the common areas. You get good and bad with both.

When majority of units in a condo become rental, the value of the other units go down significantly so those who initially bought them as homes decide to pack it for a different environment.
This is how we eventually end up having "The Parkdales, Regent Parks, and so on..." Those places used to be nice as well.

In a condominium building there are dedicated staff to keep the building maintained and clean along with management and a board of directors to disperse reserve funds appropriately to re-paint walls as needed, install new carpets, hire & train staff and for capital appropriations (new windows after 30 or so years, underground rehabilitation, balcony restoration etc.) there is a reserve fund. If the reserve fund is improperly managed (unlikely, but possible) then each unit is levied with a special assessment. In a house there is none of this, just the homeowner(s) who may or may not keep the house properly maintained. When some downtown neighbourhoods fell out of favor in the 50's, 60's & 70's with older homes and flight to the suburbs various agencies picked up large old homes "on the cheap" and turned many of them into rooming houses. I think it's safe to say that condo communities probably won't fall in the 'old home' category. What I do worry about is the flood of tiny condo apartments in the city's core, I don't think it's healthy for the future of the downtown.

The engine behind Cresford's Casa series is their attractive branding. By pairing sleek contemporary design with chic decor finishings and lifestyle, they have composed the perfect ensemble that will win over buyers. Put it this way; Apple will continue to successfully release new iPhones each year because of appeal and value that consumers hold towards the product.

The marketing of condos on Charles Street as being in Yorkville is based on the BIA's boundaries, and not on the boundaries of the original village. Yes, the original village's south border was along Bloor, but the BIA's area extends south to Charles. Remember how sales agents extended 'The Beach' ever northward? The same expansion is happening here.

In reality I don't think anyone would consider this part of yorkville.. Regardless of old boundarys or BIA areas, the modern neighbourhood of yorkville does not include Charles st.

Back