Toronto Casa II Condos | 184.09m | 56s | Cresford | a—A

I think many if not most of these can be corrected or prettied up with minor reinvestment.

In sum, what I would caution against is the idea (and I know that this is not necessarily what you were expressing) that wholesale change is superior to or a panacea for messy urbanism. And this does not stem from a belief that new development cannot replicate the urbanism of old, but that to create lively urban space - chaotic or otherwise - requires both careful ground level design considerations and a long period of time.

Thanks 416 i agree completely, I love the energy of that spot. If the mini plaza on the south side could be significantly improved in some way, it would change the whole feel. I dont mean gentrified. Who knows maybe a Farmers Market? It would be a loss to lose the student families and recent immigrants because they create an enlivening and diverse feel. The gretest damage is recent - the condo at Bay & Charles SE kills the location.

The key really is solving the plaza and the Rabba Shops without neccesarily trying to go upmarket.

The model from today's broker preview in Mississauga:

386072g_20.jpeg

more from http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-real-est...L-MARCH-31ST-EXCLUSIVE-VIP-W0QQAdIdZ362992767

And I think "YMCA property" can be removed now too, because the address is in the thread title. ;)

Back