Toronto Casa II Condos | 184.09m | 56s | Cresford | a—A

My sarcasm meter flickered ever so slightly when I read this so my knickers aren't in a knot. Plus, anyone who has a Flaming Lips lyric in their sig can't be all bad.

Haha, thank you.

Despite the fact that I love aA and often disagree with the architectural critiques around here, my comment was definitely in jest. It is difficult to convey tone in Internet posts though.

Haha, thank you.

Despite the fact that I love aA and often disagree with the architectural critiques around here, my comment was definitely in jest. It is difficult to convey tone in Internet posts though.

Glad that's established. Jest is hard to convey on the net without exquisite word choice and/or the appropriate emoticon. (There's supposedly a "snark" symbol now, but I forget what it is.)

Repetitive is good when what you're repeating is design excellence, though what aA are doing is more a theme-with-variations approach.

And, really, people who don't appreciate aA's aesthetic should stop behaving as if they're being accused of anything bad. They're not. Perhaps, one day, they'll "get it" as well.

Haha, thank you.

Ah, glad that cleared it all up. :p I also retract my statement as I thought you were taking on the mentality of a few other aA loyalists..

And FYI to everyone discussing it, I chose the name The_Architect because I registered while watching the Matrix (hence my avatar), and I am indeed an architecture student/fanatic. I figured it fit well. :cool:

42 Charles is now empty and shut down. It looks like we'll have two demos (Chaz) and two new buildings right across the street from each other. What a mess for the next 3 or 4 years.

42 Charles is now empty and shut down. It looks like we'll have two demos (Chaz) and two new buildings right across the street from each other. What a mess for the next 3 or 4 years.

when is the community meeting for this one?

scan0006kf.jpg

Last edited:
The rendering via urbanation: http://twitpic.com/8cqiot/full

Haha good timing!

So they took the rendering I found a year ago and toned it down. But an aA is still way better than a G+C, P+S etc.

We should be seeing glossy renderings very soon, certainly within the next 2 weeks I think.

Last edited:
Seriously why even bother with a rendering or model? They should of just pointed across the street and said "THAT plus 12"

CASA offers absolutely nothing to Charles Street. (I live on the street and since I started living here I've just lost further appreciation). And now they're going to bring a second oppressive podium to the street. It's such a shame since Charles Street could have become so charming.

Big classist lobbies don't do it for me, sorry. I want good massing and street animation. (That doesn't necessarily mean retail btw.)

What a shame because I otherwise quite like aA.

Back