Toronto Casa II Condos | 184.09m | 56s | Cresford | a—A

Casa 2

When I heard that they were planning to build a second tower I immediately thought of Roland Colthoff's design submission for Absolute 4 & 5. See image. It has the same linear form as Casa but with a twist and some colour. All the design needs is the hat roof.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 305
Here is a list of those who have viewed this project and/or aA positively in this thread during the same period;

ProjectEnd
egotrippin
urbandreamer
grey
interchange42
caltrane74
cdr108

Count me in too, Wedgie, on the basis of the limited visuals we've seen, and taking into account the previous work of The Great Man. It makes sense to match Casa with a tower such as this - just as the best match for Mies's TD Centre towers was Pei's Commerce Court West, which intelligently cloned aspects of that complex.

Quality over quantity. Though we're numbered, our superior tastes and opinions are clearly worth more than that of the gaggle of aA detractors around here.

That statement is just wrong on so many levels its not even worth dignifying with a prolonged response. Its no wonder that there is such a disdain for pretentious forum members on this site.

What a warm feeling pervading this thread at the moment! Well, I should weigh-in then too…

Do none of you think it's funny that someone who calls himself "The_Architect" would call someone else pretentious? C'mon, we're all actors on UrbanToronto, and Egotrippin is no more pretentious than anyone from the other mutual admiration society currently forming into a circle here.

If we're picking friends, lump me in with the crazy eight who think that a second Casa would make a beautiful addition to Charles Street. That makes nine lives who appreciate the quality of aA's disciplined proportion and line for its simple restrained beauty. Like Mae West said, too much of a good thing is wonderful, and I'm looking forward to more wonderful.

I must be just as crazy as WBK because a second Casa would be great (even if the elevations are just preliminary)! It is a rather narrow site, creating a tall, sleek structure from the north and south. And if we're counting, I guess I'm number 10 who applauds aA's work. If Optima @ CityPlace is the worst they can do, IMO, then I'll take 100 more aA buildings across the City, regardless of how "repetitive" they are.

What a warm feeling pervading this thread at the moment!

Honesty, I'm not sure how you could possibly feel justified in noting that considering your history.

Do none of you think it's funny that someone who calls himself "The_Architect" would call someone else pretentious?

Perhaps he chose 'architect' because he is one and the name was still available?
In any case the content of a forum members posts is far more pertinent in this regard than their forum name.

Quality over quantity. Though we're numbered, our superior tastes and opinions are clearly worth more than that of the gaggle of aA detractors around here.

My sarcasm meter flickered ever so slightly when I read this so my knickers aren't in a knot. Plus, anyone who has a Flaming Lips lyric in their sig can't be all bad.

Back