Toronto Casa | 147.52m | 46s | Cresford | a—A

Just to add, by my count they're currently on the 40th/41st floor. If it's in fact 46 floors and not 47 then there's a slim chance we can be looking at CASA sporting a hat on June 1st.

Regarding the number of floors in the thread title; it is correctable anytime, so why don't we just wait until the roof is built?

I was at Yonge/Bloor yesterday and I have to say that Casa, and to some extent BSN look very impressive. They really fill out the skyline in the south-east quadrant. Can't wait til Uptown and CB go up, as well.

17 April 2009 photo update

Friday afternoon on Yonge St:

dsc00602u.jpg

(I see plenty of blocks on Yonge St here that could be redeveloped into mid-to-highrises.)

Casa from the south/east on Tuesday around midnight

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Stellar photo DT! Thank you! It's now my new desktop.

Your welcome :)
My high speed modem went to heaven on Wednesday morning but I got the replacement today so it took a few days to put up.
Sunrise and sunset photos coming for you soon!

I participated in the Toronto 20-Minute Makeover this afternoon and had the opportunity to clean up the park next to Casa – the top two items I collected were smashed crack pipes and empty Listerine bottles. Hopefully these new condos will help to clean up the area…

I participated in the Toronto 20-Minute Makeover this afternoon and had the opportunity to clean up the park next to Casa – the top two items I collected were smashed crack pipes and empty Listerine bottles. Hopefully these new condos will help to clean up the area…
not likely, I live in the area and see nothing but no-gooders (wow, I'm officially old) over there. from Wellesley up to Charles...nothing but weirdos hanging out in those parks

not likely, I live in the area and see nothing but no-gooders (wow, I'm officially old) over there. from Wellesley up to Charles...nothing but weirdos hanging out in those parks

It's not that bad!! I've seen crack pipes around my building too, unfortunately that's a sad reality of addiction throughout our city.
I cut through these parks every day or two by day, and often by night. I've seen a few homeless types on occasion but the vast majority are not "weirdos". I see people sitting on benches reading, listening to their music on their audio device or grabbing a quick bite to eat. Most of what I see are neighbourhood types walking/playing with their dogs and people cutting through the parks to get to their destination.
There are a 3 or 4 regulars up near Charles Street and at night time there can be a few shady types on occasion at Dundonald Street. I believe the Dundonald Street kids are gone now that Toronto Hydro and Parks & Rec. have replaced the lamps in that area which were burned out for quite a while. It's been sometime since I've noticed them.
If you want to see a creepy park by night head on over to Allen Gardens, that can be a thrill at night!

It's not that bad!! I've seen crack pipes around my building too, unfortunately that's a sad reality of addiction throughout our city.
I cut through these parks every day or two by day, and often by night. I've seen a few homeless types on occasion but the vast majority are not "weirdos". I see people sitting on benches reading, listening to their music on their audio device or grabbing a quick bite to eat. Most of what I see are neighbourhood types walking/playing with their dogs and people cutting through the parks to get to their destination.
There are a 3 or 4 regulars up near Charles Street and at night time there can be a few shady types on occasion at Dundonald Street. I believe the Dundonald Street kids are gone now that Toronto Hydro and Parks & Rec. have replaced the lamps in that area which were burned out for quite a while. It's been sometime since I've noticed them.
If you want to see a creepy park by night head on over to Allen Gardens, that can be a thrill at night!
lol, I just think those parks need a bit of a revitalization. I think they're great, just a little rundown.

i live in cabbagetown and love allen gardens. i really don't like it when people criticize the surrounding neighbourhood and avoid it for fear of getting murdered, mugged, raped, malaria coughed in their face, etc...

the "dark side" of this part of town is totally overblown.

p.s. i am one of those "weirdos" hanging around those parks...BOO!

Back