Toronto Casa | 147.52m | 46s | Cresford | a—A

lol, I just think those parks need a bit of a revitalization. I think they're great, just a little rundown.

In 3 or 4 weeks take a stroll through this area when leaves are on trees and hundreds of flowers begin blooming and give it a second look.

i live in cabbagetown and love allen gardens. i really don't like it when people criticize the surrounding neighbourhood and avoid it for fear of getting murdered, mugged, raped, malaria coughed in their face, etc...

the "dark side" of this part of town is totally overblown.

p.s. i am one of those "weirdos" hanging around those parks...BOO!

I'll look forward to spending some quality time there with my dog this summer. I defended the park system above, then knock Allen Gardens which I shouldn't have done.

I walk through Allen's Gardens all the time and anyone who thinks it's scary, must be a total suburbanite. (and a chicken-shit) It's not dangerous at all.

Friday.

April%2023.34.2009%20008.jpg

April%2023.34.2009%20010.jpg

April%2023.34.2009%20014.jpg

April%2023.34.2009%20015.jpg

I was also there on Friday :)

img44111.jpg

img43951.jpg

img43961.jpg

The parking garage across the street provides a great vantage point for Casa photos:

img44041.jpg

img44221.jpg

As usual, here are shots taken from the same perspective with reflective glass and reflections reduced:

reflective44071.jpg

transparent44051.jpg

Here's some podium brick detail:

img44101.jpg

img44231w.jpg

the podium brick looks like wallpaper because of the tops, and has for a long time. it's peeling off. don't get me wrong, i appreciate it, but i'd love to see some hand-laid brick.

the podium brick looks like wallpaper because of the tops, and has for a long time. it's peeling off. don't get me wrong, i appreciate it, but i'd love to see some hand-laid brick.

It is hand laid brick.

Heh, this wide-angle shot reminds me of developer's renderings for their proposed projects, complete with that tricky perspective that makes the building look taller and/or thinner than it really is.
i love it how in some pics it makes the building look like its on a angle or leaning the other way. kind of like the RBC renders but this is real. cant wait for the hat

I spoke to a very nice constrcution worker on site today and got a whole bunch of info:

He is the one in charge of the electrical contract, he told me that they have been given a target date for occupancy on the 6th floor by the builder for JUNE!!! He told me that the units are already ready and it's just a matter of the scafolding coming down around the lobby by then for safety. He told me there are 3 "demo" units already ready and available for viewing on the 6th floor NW side. (Hard hats and shoes needed)...I will have to get out there ASAP with those and take some pics.

He also commented that it would be ready WAY before BSN despite the fact that BSN has topped out. He said that the units in CASA are already being completed compared to BSN where even on the 1st floor nothing has been done yet and it's just a shell. He also commented that CASA is a much better building with far better quality being put into the workmanship and delivery and that the units are much nicer. Not things I'd wanna be hearing if I was a BSN purchaser...but music to my own ears.

I spoke to a very nice constrcution worker on site today and got a whole bunch of info:

He is the one in charge of the electrical contract, he told me that they have been given a target date for occupancy on the 6th floor by the builder for JUNE!!! He told me that the units are already ready and it's just a matter of the scafolding coming down around the lobby by then for safety. He told me there are 3 "demo" units already ready and available for viewing on the 6th floor NW side. (Hard hats and shoes needed)...I will have to get out there ASAP with those and take some pics.

How in the world can a building that has 5 or 6 floors left to go plus rooftop mechanical, elevator installations etc. pass fire code and have a far from complete lobby be ready for occupancy in June? I remember RoCP1 began move-in's when the crane was still up and even that surprised me.
I think the fellow is being overly optimistic.

Back