Toronto Casa | 147.52m | 46s | Cresford | a—A

possible safety concern?

Could you imagine someone accidently dropping a wine glass or other object from one of the upper floors overlooking the pool? It doesn't appear there is enough space on the pool deck to place the lawn chairs elsewhere. Hopefully there will be some sort of safety net or protrusion to avoid an accident. I've attached a photo so you can see what I'm talking about.

Attachments

• DSC03026.jpg
    DSC03026.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 221
In keeping with the aims of the nanny state, the entire cityscape lying below high rise towers should be draped by protective covering. That way, the negative effects of flying wine glasses, individuals with a capacity for falling off balconies (or out of rooftop observation sites for that matter) and excessive ultraviolet light deemed to be excessive by the guardians of public health can all be halted.

Could you imagine someone accidently dropping a wine glass or other object from one of the upper floors overlooking the pool? It doesn't appear there is enough space on the pool deck to place the lawn chairs elsewhere. Hopefully there will be some sort of safety net or protrusion to avoid an accident. I've attached a photo so you can see what I'm talking about.

You could say the same about any existing condo below a sidewalk/street. I do not think this is a threat at all. And I have never seen nets around condos to prevent wine glasses from hitting people on street level, let alone by a condo pool.

falling objects

You could say the same about any existing condo below a sidewalk/street. I do not think this is a threat at all. And I have never seen nets around condos to prevent wine glasses from hitting people on street level, let alone by a condo pool.

A little different when lying directly underneath for a long period of time versus walking by but I suppose there should be an element of common sense with the occupants of the units directly above the pool area. I'd still be nervous either way.

Last edited:
^ I'd be nervous too waterscapes-guy. All kinds of stuff falls off the balconies in our building, cats, flower pots, lanterns, plastic paraphernalia and pieces of the balconies themselves. On windy days it's not uncommon to see 2 or 3 pieces of debris on the ground. It seems most older buildings had the balconies set back from walkways, etc but some new buildings don't. 22 Wellesleys' west side balconies hang over the narrow pathway between Dundonald & Wellesley and I always double check before walking there.

Could you imagine someone accidently dropping a wine glass or other object from one of the upper floors overlooking the pool?

Part of me wants to to say you're over-reacting, but quite honestly, this concern has crossed my mind too. Even if say a penny were accidentally kicked off a balcony and fell 40 stories below.... well, that'd be deadly.

I'm not sure if there's really any solution here. Accidents can happen anywhere.

For example, don't the balconies on the two Met towers on Carlton hang pretty much over the public sidewalk? Wouldn't that be an accident just waiting to happen too?

A little different when lying directly underneath for a long period of time versus walking by but I suppose there should be an element of common sense with the occupants of the units directly above the pool area. I'd still be nervous either way.

I have a friend who lives at the Met. His unit is directly above their rooftop patio and they don't have any cover either. Its pretty much a non issue. Can't say it has ever even crossed my mind.

Some new shots from Tomms of a high Foglia unit:

IMG_6452.jpg

^The awesome hallway-like long bathroom with separate rooms for dressing, bathing, and doing your business on the toilet. (And as you can see, AGTO, a thick concrete wall that divides this unit from its neighbour).

IMG_6455.jpg

^Living, Dining and kitchen all-in-one straight ahead. 2nd bedroom/den to the right. Washer/dryer and storage on the left.

IMG_6459-1.jpg

Who's coming up for the housewarming? (Just don't drop your wine glass over the ledge.)

IMG_6446.jpg

Last edited:
love the transparency in that last shot ... thanks Tomms/casaguy

And as you can see, AGTO, a thick concrete wall that divides this unit from its neighbour).

yes, I see that....much easier to see in photos that actually show it, as opposed to the photos that don't show it, which is what prompted my comment....many weeks ago.
I see that you're still "getting your jollies" from this....carry on if it makes you feel superior...anything will do i guess ;)

Back