Toronto Casa | 147.52m | 46s | Cresford | a—A

The average person walking down the street doesn't really notice this building. They see it, yes, but passively. The illuminated hat at night will change that.

I'm curious how the 47th level will be laid out. How will the base of the hat and the massive terraces co-exist?

Also, I'm thinking those massive terraces for the penthouses won't be so awesome after all since they won't be "open to the sky" thanks to the hat. They'll be great, just not awesome.

Digital zoom of the west side this morning:

topzoom1.jpg

I'm curious how the 47th level will be laid out. How will the base of the hat and the massive terraces co-exist?

Also, I'm thinking those massive terraces for the penthouses won't be so awesome after all since they won't be "open to the sky" thanks to the hat. They'll be great, just not awesome.

Digital zoom of the west side this morning:

topzoom1.jpg

Well, let's not forget that the "hat" will be at least 12 feet high, so there's plenty of room to let the sun in while keeping most of the terraces in the shade and shielded from rain!!

^Hmm. Very interesting.

Well, let's not forget that the "hat" will be at least 12 feet high, so there's plenty of room to let the sun in while keeping most of the terraces in the shade and shielded from rain!!

I'm just saying the ultimate roof top terrace would be open to the sun and stars.

Yes, but I think the terraces are under the rim of the hat, not on top.

Now that I see that opening, I'm hoping I'm wrong.

EDIT: But that would also mean that the rich folk on the 46th floor would have to walk up about 4 flights of stairs to get to their rooftop terrace. Not unheard of, I suppose, but doubtful.

Last edited:
47th Level

This is my impression of Casa's 47th level floorplate ~ I think the the PH unit's upper sunroom only occupies a small portion of the level, a large chunk of the floor area would be devoted to the roof top mechanical / elevator shafts, I suspect there will be vents on the side walls and the roof for mechanical ventilation, which may explain the hole as shown in androiduk's photo above

Casa_47.jpg

If anyone is visiting the sales office soon, perhaps they can confirm with the sales person ??

^Hmm. Very interesting.

I'm just saying the ultimate roof top terrace would be open to the sun and stars.

Just my preference but if I could afford any of the Casa PH suites I'd rather a covered terrace.
I think those terraces are going to be mighty bright at night. Even if LED's are used to reflect onto the top slab for the illuminated effect I think it's still going to provide plenty of light to those terraces.

Actually, that hole in the hat is probably just temporary while they fill the hat up with mechanical stuff... And Solaris I think your mock-up makes total sense... but take a closer look at my first picture below... will that work with the three walls/supports that are there towards the south edge?

DSCN4905.jpg

DSCN4909.jpg

DSCN4914.jpg

Last edited:
I doubt that corner will be developed anytime soon, it fronts on Yonge and there's a park behind it. What I can see in the next 1 or 2 booms, is the hotel a few doors down from CASA being redeveloped.

Back