Toronto Casa | 147.52m | 46s | Cresford | a—A

The "Hat" is now apparent. Some scaffolding sections have been removed. It doesn't look like the Hat extends out past the building itself as demonstrated in the drawings. Either way, if lit at night, the design should make an impact.

That was my impression a few pages back too, but I think it was a little too pronounced in the renderings so I prefer this scale back.

The steel framing for the lobby entrance is now complete. Today was a rare day that I didn't have my camera in my knapsack so no photo unfortunately. Hopefully we'll soon see some glass go in!

Casa continues to impress.

That was my impression a few pages back too, but I think it was a little too pronounced in the renderings so I prefer this scale back.

The steel framing for the lobby entrance is now complete. Today was a rare day that I didn't have my camera in my knapsack so no photo unfortunately. Hopefully we'll soon see some glass go in!

Casa continues to impress.

Actually, I'm pretty sure the "hat" extends several feet from the building's floor plate in all directions. Can't wait to see it lit up:)

Actually, I'm pretty sure the "hat" extends several feet from the building's floor plate in all directions. Can't wait to see it lit up:)

It definitely does extend out, although it doesn't appear to extend out as far as the renderings suggest (which I prefer).

July 29th Lobby Update

I shot these really quickly as I was running late on my way to the Varsity Cinemas. Not the greatest photos, but they show what appears to be the completed (or near completed) steel framing for the lobby

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

I think I prefer the subdued hat to what the renderings were originally suggesting. As it's been built it looks like it's just pronounced enough to create a nice reveal without looking cheesy.

I think I prefer the subdued hat to what the renderings were originally suggesting. As it's been built it looks like it's just pronounced enough to create a nice reveal without looking cheesy.

I agree 100%

Agree. I have a very old brochure with a very old rendering where the "hat" is a bit lower and does not extend our over the edge at all. I think the actual hat is a perfect compromise between that and the current renderings. From afar, it tends to look like to extends over the edge more than it does from up close. I think it's just perfect. Hope it gets some really cool under lighting.

I shot these really quickly as I was running late on my way to the Varsity Cinemas. Not the greatest photos, but they show what appears to be the completed (or near completed) steel framing for the lobby

the steel framing concerns me ...
you can see rust already appearing on the frames ...
what will be the longterm prospects for the front facade if that's occurring already ... continuous maintenance and leaks ?!?!?

the steel framing concerns me ...
you can see rust already appearing on the frames ...
what will be the longterm prospects for the front facade if that's occurring already ... continuous maintenance and leaks ?!?!?

That's just the frame, mounting brackets or some similar treatment will hide the actual steel frame before the windows go in. No worries there, Cresford has done everything right so far at Casa!

That standalone room on the second floor is rather bizarre. Who will ever use it?

I agree with you CB... I suspect this 'lounge' will seldomly be utilized ~

I dunno, but it seems like the perfect spot to have a latte from the Starbucks down the street while you're waiting for guests to arrive.

then why not enjoy the latte @ Starbucks while you wait? The Starbucks at 6 Charles Street has a great atmosphere~ :D

Back