Toronto Canoe Landing Park | ?m | ?s | Concord Adex

Apparently its going to be an 8 acre park and will reach down to Lake Shore Blvd.

The park will also have a mile long running path called as the Terry Fox Miracle Mile.

It will be nice to have some green space down there.

here is the toy-like canoe from the gardiner..

not entirely sure how i feel about it .. i'll wait till the whole park comes together..

Attachments

• IMG00009.jpg
    IMG00009.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 340
Apparently its going to be an 8 acre park and will reach down to Lake Shore Blvd.

The park will also have a mile long running path called as the Terry Fox Miracle Mile.

It will be nice to have some green space down there.

Where did you get the 8 acre figure? I have consistently heard that the park will only be 3 acres (still impressive).

It has always been 8 acres, which is 3.2 hectares. Maybe that's what you've been hearing.

On another note, according to Douglas Coupland's website, the ribbon cutting ceremony will be in September.

Fishing bobbers are all in place. Looks interesting, in a good way. I think the semi-oval thing will be filled with water, in front of the "dam".

Will this be TO's first designer park?

Attachments

• park.jpg
    park.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 342
I'm not sure how I feel about this just yet. Those fishing bobs are.. different. But I am looking foward to seeing how well it all comes together. Sum, perhaps, being greater than the parts.

I think once it is all together, it will be quite fine. Grass and tress make a large difference, you just don't want all the little artsy stuff to feel like a little kids playground. But I have faith that the whole thing will be nice in the warmer months at least when the greenery is at its fullest.

All these oversized novelty items bring this one a little too close to an Claes Odenburg ripoff...without the poetic irony and latent sarcasm which characterize many of his works.

Back