Toronto Canoe Landing Park | ?m | ?s | Concord Adex

T

thx1038

hi all.

I just saw some renderings of the CityPlace Park. i wish I could post it here, but it is quite impressive. Will be great for the Toronto.

I can tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. But I can guarantee its official. Are you the animator?

Well, not so much an animator - as my stuff generally isn't moving. If you mean the renderings/illustrations, yes that's me. I'm not involved with the CityPlace renderings if that's what you were getting at :)

Is the ETA next year for the park? Thought I heard it was to be complete sometime in 2008.

re: Cityplace Park- why renderings NO?

What is your source for this information?

p5

Re: re: Cityplace Park- why renderings NO?

thx,

Do you have any timelines you can share?

Isn't this the park that Douglas Coupland designed?

ap:

Yup.

AoD

It was in the Vancouver newspaper last year - I posted a scan of it on the forum. (Don't have it any more)
Has the design changed since then?

Here's the Miracle Mile Park rendering from the Vancouver Sun back in April 2006:

citypl16bi.jpg

This development could prove to be the best in City Place -- probably because of the park.

paradepark.jpg

^A different view of the park. So much promise.

Where would the people on that long path be walking to or from? I hope it connects to some sort of anchor.

^^ Do those sparkling white-ish stars and butterfly come with the part too?

That is a nice view of the park/path but you're right. Is it the path to nowhere from nowhere? A bridge to Front St and a connection to lakeshore/Queens Quay are needed to make it accessible. And I hope that park has more elevation and landscaping than shown in this rendering. Flat fields and tree-lines are boring. Let’s resurrect Frederick Olmsted and do this right!

There is supposed to be a pedestrian bridge at the north end. It would connect to Front opposite the south end of Draper Street, a short little roadway with quaint Victorians on it.

The hill in the park, besides being a potential toboggan run a couple of days a year, is supposed to be high enough for those standing at its tip to see over the Gardiner across to the Lake.

I don't know exactly how the park will meet Lake Shore, but it's close to the area where the westbound roadway dips under the Gardiner and merges with the eastbound lanes. That means that there should be some way in the area crossing to the south side fairly easily, and being able to access the Music Garden across Queens Quay. I'd love to see a pedestrian bridge over Lake Shore and under the Gardiner if one will fit. There's a Section 37 improvement for yah...

Back