Toronto California Condominiums | ?m | 32s | Camrost-Felcorp | Onespace

thats not good at all......I bought back in june 08 with a tentative closing for oct 2010, now my contarct indicates 32 floors. if it shrunk or if they miss the clsoing date is there anyway to get out of this deal. I guess if they proceed with construction i am looking at 24months till phantom rent begins.

The site looks promising to me. I think we will be pleased with our units when they are completed.

Minor, that's interesting, because I heard the same from SB down the street a little while ago - are you confusing the two projects? I heard that there were many foreign investment bulk deals at SB. I dropped by the California Sales Office and there was no mention of what you indicated.

Minor, that's interesting, because I heard the same from SB down the street a little while ago - are you confusing the two projects? I heard that there were many foreign investment bulk deals at SB. I dropped by the California Sales Office and there was no mention of what you indicated.

That's what the Sales Agent from Carmrost told me.

Spoke with the sales office today, they indicated they are at 85% sold with only 1 plus den and larger units avaliable (for some reason it sounded like they had the delmar avaliable on every floor above the 11th) needless to say construction will begin in march with occupancy to begin aug/sept 2011...

Photos from Tron in October 2008 shows excavation of iLofts and California were undertaken concurrently ... in fact you can see P1+P2 of California already poured in these photos

Photos from Tron in October 2008 shows excavation of iLofts and California were undertaken concurrently ... in fact you can see P1+P2 of California already poured in these photos

you're correct, only exception would be if this was a government ran project, then they would probably cover back the parking excavation for california until they need it again, just like they did with Eglinton subway tunnel ;-)

Here is a more recent pic... December 2009...

California.jpg

The excavation is already complete for California.
Nonetheless the ORIGINAL occupancy was Summer 2011, but they're now advertising Spring 2012.

That's being (1) optimistic and (2) the earliest occupancy for the lower floors, not factory the higher floors are moved in well after.

SIDENOTE; They're now relocating the california sales office to the Tides. They are almost done moving/installing everything.

Damn that really sucks!
Thank GOD I didn't buy pre-construction as my first home.
The price is right but WAY too many delays!

Some action going on tonight with regards to a crane... There are crane parts coming into the site, but I'm not sure if they're to take down the existing Iloft crane or a totally new crane for California...

My first thought was the California crane.. but I took a look in the california hole in the ground and I don't see any sort of footings/support down there for one.. my gut feeling is that this is for removing the Iloft crane.. we'll know tomorrow..

Back