Toronto California Condominiums | ?m | 32s | Camrost-Felcorp | Onespace

The crane from iLoft has been removed.. so who knows when California is starting..
My gut feeling was that when they took the crane down, they would just move it over to California.. that's obviously not happening and to me would seem to indicate it could be a while before California gets started.. perhaps well into the summer when iLoft is just about complete?

The crane from iLoft has been removed.. so who knows when California is starting..
My gut feeling was that when they took the crane down, they would just move it over to California.. that's obviously not happening and to me would seem to indicate it could be a while before California gets started.. perhaps well into the summer when iLoft is just about complete?

My thoughts exactly...

Don't fret. The crane has to pass inspection before it can be used on another project. No shifting allowed.

Don't fret. The crane has to pass inspection before it can be used on another project. No shifting allowed.

That was my understanding as well, and that the inspection would include x-raying components for signs of metal fatigue which may not be visible to the eye. However about eight years ago, I did see one crane moved directly from one site to another and get re-installed without going to a service yard in between, and no visible signs of inspection. One of the larger developers who I presume owns some of their own cranes. In such a case, would inspections only be required on a periodic basis (e.g. every two or three years), or have the regulations been tightened since then? This is the only instance of when I have seen a crane go directly from one site to another.

AHK

I've noticed that California has a dizzying effect when viewed diagonally from the Lakeshore going into Mimico...

This is from February 18ths Daily Commercial News... Provides a little insight into when California will get started...

Update.jpg

That was my understanding as well, and that the inspection would include x-raying components for signs of metal fatigue which may not be visible to the eye. However about eight years ago, I did see one crane moved directly from one site to another and get re-installed without going to a service yard in between, and no visible signs of inspection. One of the larger developers who I presume owns some of their own cranes. In such a case, would inspections only be required on a periodic basis (e.g. every two or three years), or have the regulations been tightened since then? This is the only instance of when I have seen a crane go directly from one site to another.

AHK

The Ministry of Labour often undertakes blitz inspections throughout the GTA whereby they show up to sites unannounced to inspect cranes. There was a major blitz last August to the best of my recollection (following shortly after a major crane collapse that occured in Manhattan).

April 10 2010 update

Estimated occupancy Spring 2012, but realistically I think this building is going to be done in Spring 2013 ~

No construction start yet for California - fully excavated though
Click to Enlarge

Estimated occupancy Spring 2012, but realistically I think this building is going to be done in Spring 2013 ~

No construction start yet for California - fully excavated though
Click to Enlarge

2013....that's nuts Originally this place went on sale June 2008. will prices have gone up by done, or is it better to cancel an agreement ast 1st opportunity?

2013....that's nuts Originally this place went on sale June 2008. will prices have gone up by done, or is it better to cancel an agreement ast 1st opportunity?

If this is an investment property - Keep it! The ROI by the time it's ready for occupancy will be incredible! Downtown prices and coming to mystic pointe!

The sales centre at the corner of Queensway and Park Lawn has been demolished.

Its been closed for some time... Got a letter from Camrost saying they will re-open at the Tides/iLofts/California site later this year.

Back