Toronto California Condominiums | ?m | 32s | Camrost-Felcorp | Onespace

Crane...

crane.jpg

And to the south, Cabo Wabo--maybe they can drag Sammy Hagar along for the launch...

Looks like those facing east at ilofts and tides would have to put up with noise and dust the next few years.Im glad the sales people werent lying when they said sales has really pick up at California the last quarter.

You may well be right interchange.. you seem well informed and probably know more than me. However I just can't get my head about the city paying to join the 2 legion roads (even with builder help) when there's a working road not a couple of hundred meters to the east (Park Lawn). This is no ordinary road we're talking about here.. this is a serious undertaking, essentially building a tunnel. I can't see from a tax payers perspective a very good cost/benefit ratio.

I don't see the need for Legion to be joined underneath the tracks. I can't justify the cost vs benefit for such a large/expensive project.

If you need to go LakeShore Blvd Westbound, you can simply take Manitoba and then Royal York South.
If you need to go LakeShore Blvd Eastbound, you can simply take the off-ramp to Park Lawn.

Because South of Mystic Point, is just the Lake, The only direction people need to go in, is East, West and North. Nothing is to the south really. I can't imagine what the Park Lawn exit was like before they turned it into a two way configuration??! There's no way I would have considered Mystic Pointe!

I would like to see some actual walking/hiking/biking trails around the Mimico! It's disgusting walking along Park Lawn trying to get to the lake.

A nice surprise! I hadn't known that it was going to be built directly behind iLoft, sharing the same parking structure. Great that we don't have to wait months for excavation, haha.

It will still be a while until California goes up! I'd say fall/winter 2012 at the earliest!

California is going up right now... but yes, it will be a while before people are moving in, although I think it could be earlier than fall/winter 2012.

In regards to your hiking paths, you'll get them; they will be built along the Mimico Creek. You will also get Legion Road completed whether you think it's necessary or not. Even if Lake Shore Boulevard lies south of you, it's still a major east-west route, and like I said, Park Lawn Road will just keep getting busier and busier as the new projects along it are completed. The residents who live along Manitoba meanwhile will not want to put up with all the traffic that wants to head west and southbound for long, so completing Legion Road was a condition of some of the Mystic Point area condos going forward. Monarch and Empire Communities have already committed funds to have it built.

great the reverse lane is pita and if Legion Rd is complete to the Lakeshore it have a great connection to the lake,Parklawn traffic is busy with commerical transport Legion Rd will make it feel we have our own personal residential street.

Tron whats the green screen on the garage walls..a barrier against dirt and dust?.....look like Camrost is going to double time the build of California so they can close up this project and move on asap.

Tron whats the green screen on the garage walls..a barrier against dirt and dust?.....look like Camrost is going to double time the build of California so they can close up this project and move on asap.

People wil be moving in iLoft soon.. you can't have an opening to an open pit/construction site.. it's just a barrier for the neighbours..

People wil be moving in iLoft soon.. you can't have an opening to an open pit/construction site.. it's just a barrier for the neighbours..

That is what I suspected...

California's crane from the 23rd floor of Beyond The Sea's north tower:

iLoftsfromBTS.jpg

In this photo a VIA Rail train crosses the Mimico in front of iLoft, of California's crane, and in front of recent phases including Tides on the right.

iLoftsCaliforniaP1200121.jpg

From 28 storeys up, we get an overall view of the Mystic Pointe site.

iLoftsCaliforniaP1200091.jpg

California will rise to 29 storeys.

CaliforniaP1200091.jpg

Back