Toronto Boutique Condos | 106.37m | 35s | Urban Capital | ZAS Architects

• Thread starter superdeduperawesome
  • Start date
3732666593_9b31d8dc97_b.jpg

3733470808_b94344f03f_b.jpg

Gotta love it. It looks like a monstrous cruise ship is about to crash into the buildings on Adelaide.

I got a Phase1 unit 1112, looking for the floorplan for Halkin, aanyboy can help me with that? I am going to sell the condo now, any idea the fee Boutique charge, i thought is $1500. Thanks!

is this via re-assignment? If so, it's 3K. i'm selling my Phase 2 unit on the 24th floor.

Thanks!

Occupancy begins Nov. 16th with mine scheduled in early Dec. It's been a long time waiting!

Thank goodness. They should hide that thing under a tarp or something. I don't think there is any building which has come out so significantly worse than the rendering as that thing.
Thing is, the suites aren't too bad...everything else sucks though.

Thank goodness. They should hide that thing under a tarp or something. I don't think there is any building which has come out so significantly worse than the rendering as that thing.

I kind of like it, but again it looks like a commie block. A couple of well designed point towers overtop a 3-4 storey podium would have looked much better.

Nothing wrong University Plaza's massing although I get the feeling you're refering to Boutique. I guess it does look commie block if you only consider the most basic shape. Still, it's street presence beats the hell out of points on a podium. I mean how can a point tower be considered "well design" sitting on top of a podium? There are exception but , in most cases the podium seems no more than an afterthought to fulfill some zoniing obligations.

This thing is monstrous. And the grey mullions are absolutely painful to look at. The brick base is sort of nice, but not enough to make this building a good one. But..... yikesss.

I'll have to pipe up and disagree with you on this one. I love it! The only way its monstrous is in its scale - sort of cruise ship like. I like the patterning of the window frames - gives it a bit of an old warehouse feel. The orange brick and overall style suits the context well. The step back above the point where the brick stops (matching the heights of surrounding buildings) works well and will provide some nice terraces for units on that floor. If I was in the market for a condo I'd definitely consider buying here though as I recall some of the interior layouts arent the best. Or maybe I'd hold out for the tower portion and some better views...

edit: I meant to mention that the penthouse units seem to be two floors as indicated by the prefab stairs waiting to be installed.

Last edited:

Back