Toronto Bloor Street Neighbourhood Condos | ?m | 32s | Cresford | Northgrave

I was by there on Monday night, and level one looks close to completion so it's moving along well.

Bloor Street Neighbourhood Progress Dec 9, 2007

A reminder of what will be...

Anyone know what's going into the very top floor? Is that just mechanical or some sort of facilities?

BSNmodel.jpg

View from Charles Street... the concrete ground level is finally almost complete.

DSCN1567.jpg

DSCN1568.jpg

DSCN1570.jpg

The ground level is about halfway covered over for the second floor.

DSCN1573.jpg

DSCN1575.jpg

I guess it's safe to say that the 9 storey increase was not approved?

clearly this building isnt great, but its not terrible either. I mean just about anything on an L shaped lot has things working against it to start with. The upper level looks like it has higher ceilings than the base, likely selling for significantly more $. I just cant wait to see Yonge and Bloor in about 5 years... the density is going to be amazing!

The additional height is quite hideous. It's like the architects were inspired by putting some lego blocks on top of the original building

I'm fairly certain they got their 36 storeys which make the above picture obsolete

An improvement to the cladding and glass, a better roof treatment, and a better podium would help greatly. Even some height would help the form a little (I don't absolutely hate the set-backs). This is definitely a building that could use the design review process.

Back