News   Mar 28, 2024
 80     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 

Toronto Bike Share

It just occurred to me we need a Bike Share station at each end of the Spadina Station tunnel! :p

Unfortunate News: Toronto Bike Share and Transit App partnership has ended due to Toronto Parking Authority's and/or Shift Transit's ineptitude

Screenshot_20210107-111421_Samsung_Internet[1].jpg

Screenshot_20210107-111427_Samsung_Internet[1].jpg

I've only used the Transit app to unlock bikes. What other apps are recommended?
The official app is PBSC. Works well, from my experience so far. I used to use Transit when I first got a Bikeshare membership when the service started up. When I re-subscribed in Sept 2020, I started using PBSC. I like the use of QR for unlocking.

I've only used the Transit app to unlock bikes. What other apps are recommended?

They have their own - PBSC - but it means downloading it, and it doesn't have route planning like Transit does. It's like when yet another retailer decides that they want to launch their own separate loyalty card to clog up your wallet.

I really liked the Transit app's integration with Bike Share. The Transit app is the one-stop app for getting around. It integrates every transit agency in the region. Buses, subways, trains, bike share, bikes, micro-mobility and ride share all in a beautiful, modern interface. I used the Transit app to take out bikes and I will miss it cause it worked so well for me. It was easy to buy passes, and get the codes.

It's not that I hate the PBSC app, heck I love the QR code scanning to unlock bikes, and it's easier to find e-bikes, but like ShonTron said, having one app that integrates everything is super convenient.

Back