News   Jul 31, 2020
 3.3K     13 
News   Jul 31, 2020
 1.1K     3 

Toronto Bike Share

Admiral Beez

Member Bio
Reaction score
The dockless system was one of my favourite features of the Hamilton Bike Share. One of the best advantages it had over BIXI is that you never had the "full dock" problem. My biggest grievance with BIXI is that sometimes you're circling for an extra 15 min trying to find an open dock to park your bike.
I just open the app and look for where there’s space.

lawwt

Member Bio
Reaction score
I just open the app and look for where there’s space.
I've planned bike rides where I aim to end a dock that has space but by the time I get there, it's full. It's extremely frustrating when you're running a bit tight on time and you end up parking further away and have to spend an extra 10 min walking to your destination.

Northern Light

Member Bio
Reaction score
New Bikeshare Stations today:

Sherbourne St N / Elm Ave

Spadina Rd / Austin Terrace (Casa Loma)

Joseph J Piccininni Community Centre (St. Clair West, just east of Caledonia)

Bartlett Parkette (n/e of Dufferin/Dupont)

Lisgar Park (Queen West/Lisgar)

Queen West/Fenning

bedoozled

Member Bio
Reaction score
And today's:
Palmerston Ave / Dundas St W
Wolsley / Palmerston Ave
Walnut Ave / Queen St W
135 Queen’s Wharf
Lynn Williams St / East Liberty St
Vaughan Rd / Wychwood Ave

In addition to more downtown, it looks like in the last few days they are starting to expand up on St. Clair (though as a new cyclist I would never want to ride on St. Clair proper...scary) and also west of Humber Bay Shores/Mimico (Amos Waites Park). Hopefully it will go all the way to Colonel Samuel Smith Park? And also fingers crossed for more stations in the Junction!

max

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hopefully it will go all the way to Colonel Samuel Smith Park? And also fingers crossed for more stations in the Junction!
From the posted maps it should extend as far as Long Branch so Col Sam Smith is covered. As for the Junction that's in too as it looks like Dundas is covered all the way to Scarlett.

Amare

Member Bio
Reaction score
And today's:
Palmerston Ave / Dundas St W
Wolsley / Palmerston Ave
Walnut Ave / Queen St W
135 Queen’s Wharf
Lynn Williams St / East Liberty St
Vaughan Rd / Wychwood Ave

In addition to more downtown, it looks like in the last few days they are starting to expand up on St. Clair (though as a new cyclist I would never want to ride on St. Clair proper...scary) and also west of Humber Bay Shores/Mimico (Amos Waites Park). Hopefully it will go all the way to Colonel Samuel Smith Park? And also fingers crossed for more stations in the Junction!
Well the city said the network will be extended out to Long Branch in this round, so logically thinking Colonel Samuel Smith Park should be included!

On a side note, I believe I seen some prep work going on today to install bikes on Lake Shore and Mimico. I'm just not able to confirm it 100% though.

unforgettableid

Member Bio
Reaction score
@Northern Light, @bedoozled:

I appreciate the posts about where new stations have been added!

A.) Where do you get your information about which new stations have just been installed?

B.) Is there any easy way for me to find out exactly where new stations are planned in my neighborhood, before they're installed?

Northern Light

Member Bio
Reaction score
@Northern Light, @bedoozled:

I appreciate the posts about where new stations have been added!

A.) Where do you get your information about which new stations have just been installed?

B.) Is there any easy way for me to find out exactly where new stations are planned in my neighborhood, before they're installed?
Bikeshare Toronto's Twitter Feed typically posts new stations as they go live within an hour or so.

Even if you're not on Twitter you can access their feed off their page.

Your councillor's office should have a list of stations for your ward.

stanko

Member Bio
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Transit app gets some sort of affiliate commission for buying Bixi passes through their app?

Northern Light

Member Bio
Reaction score
Today's new stations:

Humber College Lakeshore
Berry Rd/Bell Manor Dr.
Royal York and Mimico
Windsor Street/Newcastle Street (by Mimico GOStn)
Lake Shore Blvd and 39th Street
Lake Shore Blvd and 24th Street