Richmond Hill Beverly Hills Condominium | ?m | 24s | Great Lands

It's an architectural flop, but Asian shops and noodle houses will occupy the store fronts and before you know it this complex will have more retail vibrancy than any condo built downtown outside of Yorkville.

I actually don't mind the architecture. It's going to stand out from all the red brick and pre-cast construction that is so typical in York Region.

As for noodle shops, I don't think any number of them will create the sort of vibrancy that Yorkville has. Just think of Hwy 7's "Bubble Tea Belt"... all cars, all Viva, but no pedestrians.

^ "bubble tea belt". I never heard of that one!

The architecture will be nice change of pace from the other ones existing in the area for sure. I wonder if the architectural details, such as the curved glass on the top floors of the podium will be watered down later on, or just deleted completely.

when?

Does anyone have any more info regarding these buildings...??

When are they starting? Have they been approved?
When is the completion date for this site?

They aren't even for sale yet, so there is no time line on these at all.

funny all the little curved glass hats being added to buldings nowadays..reminds me somewhat of the proposal for Mississauga that was posted a few weeks ago..nonetheless, could most certainly be kirkor..

Its become a fad lately, and this rendition of a 'curved hat' really fits the structure, I like it.

is this stretch of yonge through richmond hill going to look like north york city centre part II? so far, it appears that way.

maybe in many ... many ... many ... many ... years from now :p

MODs ... just confirmed with Planning staff, it appears Northgrave Architects are behind this project ~ a thought: :)

9185, 9201 and 9205 Yonge Street (Great Lands, 28 + 25 + 19 + 2x 18s, Northgrave)

Last edited by a moderator:
Some images from the Richmond Hill Planning Staff Report:
http://www.town.richmond-hill.on.ca/documents/meetings/cpublic/11_18_2009_19_30/Item%203.1i.pdf

Site Plan - the site sure looks pretty tight
Click to Enlarge

Landscape Plan - looks pretty elaborate, almost unrealistic though?

Elevations - the main complex Towers 'A, B, C, D' on the left (west), this confirms that the 'curve' facade are created only by balconies projecting from the rectangular shaped building~

Elevations - for Tower 'E', the stand alone bldg on the right (east)

Rendering - as posted earlier

Novae Res Urbis

seems like the proposal is being reduced to 3 towers will less height ~

Richmond Hill towers
June 16, 2010

In a prehearing decision issued June 7, board member Donald Granger provided an update on appeals by Great Land (Yonge 16th) Inc. against failure of the Town of Richmond Hill to approve official plan and zoning by-law amendments and a site plan to permit development of five condominium towers, between 18 and 28 storeys, with a total of 1,105 residential units and 1,334-sq.m. of retail and office space at 9185, 9201 and 9205 Yonge Street and 55 16th Avenue.

The board was informed that revised plans have been filed. The new proposal calls for three towers, between 19 and 25 storeys. The town maintains its opposition to the revised proposal, but will continue meeting with the developer to attempt to resolve outstanding issues.

The board scheduled the 15-day hearing to begin July 12.

Solicitor Andrew Biggart (Ritchie, Ketcheson) represents Great Land (Yonge 16th) Inc. Solicitors Chris Barnett (Davis) and Antonio Dimilta represent the Town of Richmond Hill. Solicitor Robert Miller represents York Region. Solicitor Jeffrey Streisfield represents Haulover Investments Limited. (See OMB Case No. PL090106.)

Back