Toronto Berczy Park Revitalization | ?m | ?s

T
Was anyone at the official opening? I stopped by earlier today, and they had some weird performance art piece that involved three people dressed as cows, who roamed around on the grass area, while a farmer occasionally walked around, and corralled one of them. At one point, he milked one of them, which is a visual I will never be able to erase from my brain.
They are sheep.

The sheep were hilarious!

There were a good number of us at the event this evening, and somewhere around 15 or so came over the the Flatiron and Firkin afterwards for a drink (and dinner if you wanted), and we had a great time talking with Claude Cormier and his associates Marc Hallé and Yannick Roberge. We'll have a report on the front page tomorrow, of course!

From this evening's festivities.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

The pups really do love this thing.

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 327
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 312
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 300
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 229
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 355
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 307
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 307
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 351
Here are some of mine from the day that didn't make the front page story:

DSC01312.jpg

This is the Friends of Berczy Park tent that was set up… in case you want to become a friend too.
DSC01317.jpg
DSC01320.jpg
DSC01328.jpg
DSC01338.jpg
DSC01389.jpg

That's Yannick Roberge, Claude Cormier, and Marc Hallé. Claude was quick to say that Marc and Yannick should be recognized as the guys that really pulled the park together. Marc, in his speech, credited Claude with the original ideas, which they laugh about at the office, then get down to figuring out how to make them work.

Attachments

• DSC01312.jpg
    DSC01312.jpg
    461.5 KB · Views: 289
  • DSC01317.jpg
    DSC01317.jpg
    320.1 KB · Views: 278
  • DSC01320.jpg
    DSC01320.jpg
    378.3 KB · Views: 318
  • DSC01328.jpg
    DSC01328.jpg
    443.2 KB · Views: 298
  • DSC01338.jpg
    DSC01338.jpg
    448.4 KB · Views: 302
  • DSC01389.jpg
    DSC01389.jpg
    365.6 KB · Views: 300
It's a great spot to eat lunch . Looking forward to his work at The Well

Cormier and his team are very friendly and down-to-earth. I had a nice chat with them over dinner at the pub. In his speech, he said he would add more measures to keep skateboarders away from the fountain.

I think calling out skateboarders directly may not be the best approach. If anything, it will probably only encourage skateboarders to take a more defensive stance, and actively try to damage the park.

I think calling out skateboarders directly may not be the best approach. If anything, it will probably only encourage skateboarders to take a more defensive stance, and actively try to damage the park.

If they chose to go down that road, there are laws in place that could deal with them. One would hope it doesn't have to come to that.

AoD

Back