Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

funny how i had a dream last night of being in a manhattan skyscraper during an earthquake lol!
back to aura, looking at the camera right now, i see a big square right in the middle of the east bathtub, is that the core for Aura?

image.php

It's one floor, but it's too high to use one section of scaffold so they have an intermediate level set up. Same thing they did on P1.

It's one floor, but it's too high to use one section of scaffold so they have an intermediate level set up. Same thing they did on P1.

ahhh... okay. it was too good to be true.

the height, length, and overall size of the podium is going to be menacing. especially since it's right up to yonge-street... then to top that off, a HUGE skyscraper... Shangri-la and Aura are both skyline changers, but from ground level/area changer, there is no comparison to Aura.
one of those buildings that you don't even wish for a height increase (cause it's as good as it gets).

If someone gets a chance go by and get pics of the pillars on the south east corner. They are massive, i drove by at night the other day and was very impressed. I would have stopped but only had my bb, which is useless for night time shots.

Thanks for the nice picture. I can imagine night-time view of the intersection when AURA, with its podium, is complete.

I decided to get a room at the Delta Chelsea and to come down for the Jays home opener (I live in Ottawa now). I found it kind of funny that at check in the guy at the desk asked me "is it ok that you have a room overlooking the construction?" Heck, I nearly requested it, haha.

Unfortunately though, the sliding balcony doors only opened up enough to stick a hand out, so I wasn't able to get some great shots, but here are some shots none the less. You can see the balcony railing in the bottom of the pictures, I tried to lean out as far as I could, but my arm is only so long.

DSC03033.jpg

DSC03053.jpg

Attachments

• DSC03033.jpg
    DSC03033.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 332
  • DSC03053.jpg
    DSC03053.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 328
Epic little story ^^^
Things are looking great here. That first floor really shot up or at least felt like it with the pacinghere. Interesting knowing that view will be covered in blue glass when all is complete. Hopefully some high quality blue glass!
And is it me? Or does Casa look huge in that first shot.

Epic little story ^^^
Things are looking great here. That first floor really shot up or at least felt like it with the pacinghere. Interesting knowing that view will be covered in blue glass when all is complete. Hopefully some high quality blue glass!
And is it me? Or does Casa look huge in that first shot.

Yeah, it was pretty cool to know that in less than a year, that room's view is going to be completely shot.

And yes, Casa really does stand out from that angle. It was by far the most dominating tower that wasn't under a block away. It definitely dwarfed the two towers at Bloor-Yonge from that angle.

Back