Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

How do you do that with the photos??? it's awesome! They look like toy models! :D

that's probably just some Vaseline around the edges. old-school camera trick.

i used to do it a lot in the 80's. camera got screwed...

Thanks folks. Its actually just a scene mode on my Canon S95 camera. A little expensive but amazing camera. Can shoot video in miniature as well.
If you have photoshop you can also achieve this effect with any pictures.
A few more I missed.

5093496517_4ff6b15066_b.jpg

5094092580_8771249af6_b.jpg

you're saying noooo Vaseline was used?

well, anyways, really nice pictures.

From Monday.

Attachments

• IMG_1068.jpg
    IMG_1068.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_1070.jpg
    IMG_1070.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_1067.jpg
    IMG_1067.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_1069.jpg
    IMG_1069.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 270
They certainly have picked up the pace lately. All the better, this project is the most important addition to the skyline, filling in our biggest skyscraper dead-zone.

I think the dead zone being filled in on the ground here is more important than the one being filled in on the skyline: Yonge Street needs this wall!

A year? That seems way too long to hit ground level.

it does... but then again, it IS a HUGE building... Shangri-la took a very long time too (about 2 years), i know it was mostly due to the deep excavation, but Aura is a huge tower... these below-ground levels are complex for a 75s tower...). Maybe 6 months to reach ground level?

I don't know, a year sounds about right to me, though they do seem to be working at an unusually fast pace so far.

To me it looks like they would hit ground level at around April-May 2011 at the latest...

When I say ground level, I mean when the levels FIRST REACH GROUND LEVEL - not for the entire site, which is still digging on the other side of the other side of the loading dock.

Last edited:

Back