Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

A year to reach ground level?! We're looking at probably late 2013 for the completed product..

i agree with caltrane on this one, the core will reach ground level in the next 4 months at latest,but the whole site won't reach ground level until July or august.

When I was at the site on Friday there were about 50 workers toiling away but today there were only about 6. Previous Saturdays were a lot busier.

aurao23a.jpg

aurao23b.jpg

aurao23c.jpg

Last edited:
The absolute condo building #4 (55s) took from May - Dec to reach ground level, approximately 7 months and that is a much smaller project in comparison.

It's taken them basically 10 days to go from pouring the slab that sat directly on the bedrock to the first parking deck above it. Add another week to complete the first parking level but by then the verticals to the second-from-bottom levels will be pour. Basically a parking level every 2 weeks. Insanity.

Counted 58 workers on site this afternoon.

Don't count on the progress being this fast all the way to ground level... I'm sure they'll be slowing down once things get more complicated.
Maybe we'll do 1 entire floor a month so we'll hit ground level in about 5-6 months.

**Looking at all these shots, i keep seeing this powdery, grey stuff all over the site (in mountains). What are they (and what are they used for)?.. they can't just be stones can they?

While at the site today I had a long talk with a senior member of the construction team and gleaned the following tidbits of info. They are scheduled to reach ground level in 5 to 6 months on the east side of the ramp. The west side of the ramp depicted in image #1 is woefully behind schedule. Target date for the third crane is Dec. 1. The whole project is scheduled for completion in 2014. One of the cranes on the east side of the ramp may be removed once they hit floor 55. Things should move quickly until they reach the podium when things will slow, especially on level P5 where there is a two and half metre thick slab of concrete to deal with. In image #2 the red arrow depicts where the TTC entrance will be. The blue arrow points to the yellow fence. This is where level P1 will be, the first level of retail. This level will house 176 mini stores like the type you find in Pacific Mall.

aurao26c.jpg

aura026d.jpg

aura026a.jpg

aura026b.jpg

Thanks for the update and acccompanying fantastic photos, androiduk. Any idea as to what is supposed to be on the West side of the ramp?

By the way, 55 level is where regular units end. Executive ( read expensive) units start from floors 56 to 71. Then, there are sub-penthouses from floors 72 to 74. And finally, the real jewel -- 17.5 million penthouse -- will be on 75th floor.

In the condo documents, Canderel has stated that there will be a separate condo corporation for the floors 56 to 75.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for all that info Android!!! WOW! That was detailed. Did ya take notes while he was talking or somethin! haha! :D
This is gonna be one BIG building! (Pacific mall store concept?. weird... we'll see how it works)
Once again, much appreciated info from a reliable source!

I have a really really bad feeling about the 'mini' stores ... the larger big box retail will do well.

But 170+ mini stores ... that is going to be an absolute disaster - mark my words i.e. they'll likely be 100% leased before this project is completed ... but 1 year / 60 months after ... most will be empty.

I'm not making the tax argument btw (that's a whole different animal) but I mean look at all the small retail in dundas square - granted there are way less stores.

Unless it turns out to be an attraction within it self i.e. basically eaton center north ...

Back