Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Rosie DiManno said:
At the entrance to the sales office, there’s a photo of the architect. He looks . . . short. Maybe that’s what vertically challenged men do — design really really tall buildings to compensate.

I wonder what really stupid women do to compensate? Write articles for the Star?

must be expensive to put this temporary bridge in there, but I guess it is necessary. Is this like the bridge they built at the Maple Leaf Square towers complex?

The ramp is to the existing college park loading area (the parking ramps are separate from the site and aren't impacted by construction). It will replace the current (temporary) ramp that is at grade to the east of the new ramp. It looks designed so the dirt can be excavated from underneath it to complete the parking garage.

My hunch is that the ramp is not temporary, though. The structure they're building may well be incorporated into the garage permanently. The same (general) type of thing was done as part of the RBC Centre project to allow for deliveries to the WSIB building during construction.

Aura ***notice the new loading ramp (you can read the red sign that tells you so)

4632390607_c64cc2f782_b.jpg

4632393565_eb569b0a9a_b.jpg

you can see a bit of the Aura lot (the white tarps/blankets they put on the ground) and how big of a change the area will have :D

4632405543_cc39c04376_b.jpg

4632982480_98b03bb850_b.jpg

by me: steveve :D

A few more pictures today from the south end of the site. I'm really surprised how deep the hole is already especially considering that they are working around a delivery ramp similar to MLS.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

From the north end of the site:

/\
Maybe to finish the loading dock?

It is. They've already poured concrete for half the ramp and are finishing up the other half now. They seem to be putting up some forms to make walls(?) on the sides of the ramp. I'll try to take some photos later today.

Back