Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Anyone else a little sad the park and the fountain are gone? :(

i wouldn't say its all gone (it looks worse than it is) but there's still that little park area to the east of the college park towers... I've never understood why its even called college PARK... i mean, the actual park is quite small and the parking lot (which is now gone) took up a huge amount of space...

Anyone else a little sad the park and the fountain are gone? :(

The park is still usable, no?
I'm thrilled that the park & utilities are being redesigned and the Barbara-Ann Scott rink/water feature is being restored.

Last edited:
The park is still usable, no?
I'm thrilled that the park & utilities are being redesigned and the Barbara-Ann Scott rink/water feature restored.

Really, how do you know this? I thought the idea was they were going to restore it if they got the extra 10 floors or what not.
Are they still planning on restoring it no matter what?

i wouldn't say its all gone (it looks worse than it is) but there's still that little park area to the east of the college park towers... I've never understood why its even called college PARK... i mean, the actual park is quite small and the parking lot (which is now gone) took up a huge amount of space...

Are they not redoing the park as well, i thought that was part of the deal?

Really, how do you know this? I thought the idea was they were going to restore it if they got the extra 10 floors or what not.
Are they still planning on restoring it no matter what?

I'm going from memory from either posts way back when or the Staff Report that the park would be re-done and that the rink/water feature & skate rental building restored. I don't recall anything about an extra 10 floors to seal the deal but you could be correct.

IIRC, the park is the neighbourhood contribution as part of the re-zoning ... nothing at all to do with additional floors

I know this is a few pages late, but I have to say... Rosie DiManno came to a stunning conclusion... she's totally right. Because I'm a tall guy and I like to design midrises. Hmmm .... she's onto something here.

At the entrance to the sales office, there’s a photo of the architect. He looks . . . short. Maybe that’s what vertically challenged men do — design really really tall buildings to compensate.

-Rosie DiManno

dimanno.jpg

Last edited:
Through the bars with an iphone so 3.0MP...sorry...

NOTICE THE STEEL BEING USED FOR THE NEW RAMP FOR COLLEGE PARK DELIVERIES.

Attachments

• securedownload (3).jpg
    securedownload (3).jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 290
  • securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 279
I know this is a few pages late, but I have to say... Rosie DiManno came to a stunning conclusion... she's totally right. Because I'm a tall guy and I like to design midrises. Hmmm .... she's onto something here.

dimanno.jpg

In Rosie's world, short men can't be legimately interested in architecture. Clearly, every man is compensating for something.

dimanno.jpg

The Manno can has cheezburger!!

Back