Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

^Yes, it looks slim, doesn't it? I tried making it wider by scaling it, but that way the tower might not have fit on the podium I already made. By the way, I'm pretty sure the podium in the model is too small.

Love the pics/renderings/drawings Wylie.
It's so tall I'm afraid it's going to get floors lopped off, or suffer a fate even worse: getting boxified à la Bay Adelaide :(

Wow, that's one slender render. Sure does look tall, and narrow. Could almost be an anorexic buddy of 1kw.

Great work!

Wylie, great work and only 2 days eh? I might have a look at the software to use as a preliminary tool before moving into Maya.

Nice tower... sucky podium. The last thing we need is the streetlife-killing "Bay St effect" on Yonge St.

Nice work wylie. But I think the podium is too short. It might be three floors, but as mentioned, those floors appear to be double height on the elevations.

Edit: When looking at the the tower from either the SE or SW, it appears that the podium will likely come to almost to the top of the building directly to the left (the shortest of all the buildings immediately surrounding it). Perhaps the one setback level the elevation shows in between the podium and the rest of the tower will line up with the neighboring roofline.

Bay Street podium, Yonge Street address...but the tower itself looks exponentially better transposed from a crinkly newspaper scan to Wylie's version. I don't even mind the green glass :) (actually, the turquoise glass and tan stone combo looks great...that's my computer's desktop colour scheme) but the balconies threaten to be Spire-like.

Would a change (scape-off and re-execute) the podium of the current project have any precedent?

I'm sure they would be ridiculed, however I'm worried they will use a similar podium on the new project to be consistent.

ROCP has the potential to be a terrific addition to the core, but the podium is ****ing awful. They should just scrap the Casa Loma, Disney, medieval castle effect and replace it with a convential modern base.

^ Easy on the language.

Wylie, you've got me hooked on Google SketchUp, what a great free, simple tool!

^ Easy on the language.

Excuse me are you a moderator, or somehow connected?

And which language are you concerned about "****" or "Casa Loma, Disney".

I just don't want to go offside again...

(actually, the turquoise glass and tan stone combo looks great...that's my computer's desktop colour scheme)

Ew, too much information!

Windows' official name for this colour scheme is "Desert."

mmmm....desert...
homer-drool.gif

Back