Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

4 November 2013: Beyond the Gates of Hell ...
gu46.jpg

...the tower shall have its time
rubs.jpg

STOP Mister

A little off topic: My girlfriend and I saw the sign for "Hard Candy" in the lobby, and we got really excited thinking it would actually be a candy store. We really don't have many (any?) specialized candy stores in the city. If you want something that isn't mass imported into Canada (Japanese, European, etc. products), your only option is to order it online. No, I'm not morbidly obese lol :)

A little off topic: My girlfriend and I saw the sign for "Hard Candy" in the lobby, and we got really excited thinking it would actually be a candy store. We really don't have many (any?) specialized candy stores in the city. If you want something that isn't mass imported into Canada (Japanese, European, etc. products), your only option is to order it online. No, I'm not morbidly obese lol :)

Does Sugar Mountain not count as a specialized candy store? Pretty sure they have multiple locations....

Went to REDS last night! Was highly impressed by the food and service! Talking to some friends while having dinner, we were saying years ago - who would have said we'd be having dinner at Yonge/Gerrard? The past year at this corner has been amazing.

Assuming this is the same folks who own Reds at FCP....is there a curry of the day? The CofD at Reds is one of the best treats you can stuff down your throat!

Your questions from last week are answered in today's front page story on Aura.

^^ I just read the article and I am so glad to hear that the roof will, in deed, be lit up. It sounds like it's going to be quite interesting with the 2 different types of lighting. So for once, we have a rendering that wasn't just being deceptive! I can't wait to see it all lit up at night.

I was glad to see more info on roof size. since they said 12m of roof, I would estimate the building is close to hitting 260m (assuming they're close to the final penthouse floor)

I'm also really pleased that there will be a light feature at the top of the building, I really, really hope it's executed well because it sounds like it could really work.

I'm not sure I understand the prohibition on having a large shopping store in the basement of Aura, the reason for dividing the units up so small.

Back