Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

I'm also really pleased that there will be a light feature at the top of the building, I really, really hope it's executed well because it sounds like it could really work.

I'm not sure I understand the prohibition on having a large shopping store in the basement of Aura, the reason for dividing the units up so small.

Canderel owns 777 Bay, where there is already a 24h Metro and a Sobeys, which is connected underground (and via the future PATH) to Aura. It's not unusual for lease contracts in retail/commercial deals to have non-compete clauses that limit the amount of competition you'll find between stores in a mall. The Shops at Aura are different though (I'm only referring to the P1 level) , because it's set up as a condo corporation with individually owned units whereby the owner can rent to whomever s/he chooses, without regard to the existing competition.

On top of that, there's already a Loblaws of significant size about 3-minutes away, so I doubt a grocery store would want to dig into a market that's already so saturated within a tiny radius.

Assuming they complete the roofline according to the renders, it should have an interesting sloped roof element resembling a ) rotated so it's facing up like a mouth. A spire probably wouldn't work with that plan.

Today:

4frAOSO.jpg

I'm also really pleased that there will be a light feature at the top of the building, I really, really hope it's executed well because it sounds like it could really work.

I'm not sure I understand the prohibition on having a large shopping store in the basement of Aura, the reason for dividing the units up so small.

Are there any renders of this lighting fixture?

The night rendering depicting the lighting feature is in the dataBase listing (top of the page)

Ahh thanks. I saw that earlier on my phone, but wasn't sure if that was just to make the building stand out in the render.

I have my reservations, but it looks like it has potential. Hopefully this will have a better fate then Lightline at Trump Tower.

Back