Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

is this building going to claim the third tallest building in Toronto after FCP and Scotia plaza ?

Judging by the tables on skyscraperpage.com, it will be fourth. The other one you haven't mentioned is the Trump or, as it is right now, Trum tower. That is somewhat artificial, howeverm since it counts the proboscis/spire on Trump. In terms of top floor, I think it will indeed be number three. At least it will be that way until some of the proposed towers are built... if they are built.

Sad news, I just read that a construction worker fell off the 70th floor of a building under construction in downtown Toronto. I have to assume that's Aura. It doesn't say but I guess he wasn't tethered. I don't know how these guys do that - construction at these heights.

Today:

Bx3kO9W.jpg

The glass cladding for the box part looks like something from the 1960s. It's that combination of silver mullions and black spandrel. But it doesn't look like the best choice for this 21st century landmark.

I'm trying to picture something in the '60s that this could be reminiscent of... unsuccessfully. Guess we all see things differently.

Took this earlier from Robart's Library
1094637_10151727295847725_434045187_o.jpg

AND YES! I see the resemblance to the Tour Montparnasse as well!

Last edited:
FYI, I noticed that Canderel is not done finishing the underground space yet. This evening, I saw that the ceiling at the main junction in the mall was full of holes as if to fulfill the hanging bobbles in the artist's rendering. They've also added some other light fixtures to other parts of the mall.

Little by little this space might come together with a lot of indie spots for small business owners. There's a steady increase in walking traffic and more and more building permits going up in the windows, so as long as the right balance of hair and nail salons, as well as dry cleaners occurs, I'm remaining optimistic for how things come together down there.

Image.jpg
Screen Shot 2013-10-03 at 10.26.07 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 674
  • Screen Shot 2013-10-03 at 10.26.07 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-10-03 at 10.26.07 PM.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 649
As bad as this mall is, it's still a heck of a lot better looking then the unfinished-looking Metropolis. At least this place has finished ceilings and decent lighting. I hope the little stage in the food court was built to provide some form of entertainment/animation.

Back