Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

I don't think this is the unmitigated disaster that everyone makes it out to be. Most people are not architectural experts and this building, like the many other bland looking towers that litter our city, will simply blend into the background. It's certainly better than the parking lot it replaced and the added density downtown is a positive thing. Aside from that, we'll just have to forget about what a missed opportunity this was...

There is an underground retail + food court floor. I saw a few retail shops were open. There are currently 3 convenience stores, 3 hire salons, 3 dry cleaning shops, 1 glass frame store, 1 nail painting, and 2 selling rings necklace. There are about 10-15 renovating.

Do you feel those are attractive or boring?

There is an underground retail + food court floor. I saw a few retail shops were open. There are currently 3 convenience stores, 3 hire salons, 3 dry cleaning shops, 1 glass frame store, 1 nail painting, and 2 selling rings necklace. There are about 10-15 renovating.

Do you feel those are attractive or boring?
Uh, read the past 50 pages. Heck, read the past 2 pages, and you'll get your answer.

Regarding the look of Aura few would be discussing this project here if it wasn't 78 storeys and located at College and Yonge. Who would care if it was 40 storeys and in North York? Not many.

Regarding the look of Aura few would be discussing this project here if it wasn't 78 storeys and located at College and Yonge. Who would care if it was 40 storeys and in North York? Not many.

Location location location.

that's exactly right. no one would care if a building this bad was in the middle of nowhere. that's why it shouldn't be a 78 stories and squatting on a major downtown corner.

that's exactly right. no one would care if a building this bad was in the middle of nowhere. that's why it shouldn't be a 78 stories and squatting on a major downtown corner.

Because the parking lot it replaced was so much better? If the parking lots directly northwest of city hall had been built up, I'd buy the "missed opportunity" argument, but as of now, Aura is still much better than those dreaded areas that continue to plague downtown, north of Queen. Oh, and lets face it, Aura is a million times better than anything in College Park, save for one or two buildings.

Back