Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

I always cringe when the Walmart suggestion surfaces. A downtown Walmart would be such a sleight on the urban fabric of Yonge Street. Walmart is truly one of my least favourite companies in existence.

There is no space down there for a Walmart (or any department store), let alone a Bi-way. Don't get too worked up about it.

People in Cabbagetown are complaining that when they look off their roof decks they see nothing but trees.... and one huge hulking condo tower rising into the sky. People aren't happy.

Last edited:
A labyrinth of assorted hair and nail salons. Appears like an urban and retail enthusiast's nightmare...get me outta here.

Lol what else is new? In my town they fill the Main Street with insurance brokers and banks. Anything unique and different doesn't last a week.

People in Cabbagetown are complaining that when they look off their roof decks they see nothing but trees.... and one huge hulking condo tower rising into the sky. People aren't happy.

Their skyline view is rather pitiful: 1 building. Joking aside, they live in a city but don't want it to have a physical presence? These are ridiculous people.

Last edited:
No one seems to be in a hurry to fix the webcam. It's been down for a couple of weeks at least now.

How many people? Two? Suggest they move to the country somewhere.

6b9v.jpg

Meh, dump on the materials and architecture all you want. I don't mind small independent businesses, even if they are just barbershops and nail salons.

I think because of the height of this I was expecting more high end and less cheesy.

I think the basement and the way the entrances meet Yonge street is poorly executed. The finishes are just down right horrible.

I don't know that I'd call it horrible so much as it's infinitely bland - in a soulless, anonymous, third-rate mall-culture kinda way.

No, wait - that is horrible.

Back