Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

As for your little hobby...
We already know you think Aura "sucks", but I'm sure it's not the only building that you feel that way about. And it's not the only building that other members have disapproved of. Yet I cannot recall another time on UT where someone has spend as much time and effort documenting a building(that they don't like). Quite frankly it's obsessive compulsive behavior. Does it really mean that much to you to influence others to share your opinion? Or are you just trying to validate your own?

There, opinion stated and done. Did that look difficult to you? I'm certainly not implying that all discourse must be so short. But 88 posts worth of magnified pictures followed by endless arguments with the "fanboys"
and "dead enders", as you call them, is neither enlightening nor productive.

+1

Please, don't act so innocent. Your derisive style of commenting eg. "dead-enders" (Really? Anymore childish comments you'd care to throw out there?) is obviously going to antagonize others and elicit a response.

As for your little hobby...
We already know you think Aura "sucks", but I'm sure it's not the only building that you feel that way about. And it's not the only building that other members have disapproved of. Yet I cannot recall another time on UT where someone has spend as much time and effort documenting a building(that they don't like). Quite frankly it's obsessive compulsive behavior. Does it really mean that much to you to influence others to share your opinion? Or are you just trying to validate your own?

As for Aura, it's certainly hasn't meet my expectations for it but I don't think it's a disaster. It's just one of many flawed skyscrapers being built in this city.

There, opinion stated and done. Did that look difficult to you? I'm certainly not implying that all discourse must be so short. But 88 posts worth of magnified pictures followed by endless arguments with the "fanboys"
and "dead enders", as you call them, is neither enlightening nor productive.

here. let me make it as bloody simple for you as i can.

i am free to do whatever i want with my camera. you are not a mod. nor are you my mother.

put me on ignore and quit wasting my time with your ridiculous complaints.

When I was much more active taking photos of projects around my area I never discriminated with photographing or posting more shots of buildings that I thought were "good" vs. "not-so-good", I do it so those who can't see what's happening first-hand can keep tabs here on what's happening with photographic updates. I think it's safe to say many of us do that for the same reason.

agreed. i don't discriminate either. i've taken plenty of both. i'm documenting EIFS monstrosities, 60s-70s buildings i like, and old gay haunts--among other things--at the moment.

when it comes to the pitiful mess that is Aura, i'm not quite sure why the few defenders it has left get so insanely frothy at the mouth when they are confronted with photographic evidence of its ample inadequacies, but it's not for me to figure out.

Great shots Jasonzed! Nice angle of the skyline from out there. It will be interesting to see Aura's upper half from that location once finished. The skyline looks beautiful!

On another note: If members are discouraged from using their valuable time to take photos and upload them, whatever their opinion might be, then we all lose..

here. let me make it as bloody simple for you as i can.

i am free to do whatever i want with my camera. you are not a mod. nor are you my mother.

No need to get riled up, your free to continue posting whatever you like and I'm free to express my opinion of it.

Last edited:

He may not be a mod (nor your mother), but he has given you some good advice (advice =/= complaint). Talk about shooting-the-messenger; weren't you just complaining about that?

Anyways, can we please get back on topic. The food court seems to be nearly ready to open. Does anyone know what restaurants have signed up?

P.S. Jasonzed, Those photos are amazing!

100_5259.jpg

from the Sheraton Centre this weekend, Aura peeking over City Hall.

Attachments

• 100_5259.jpg
    100_5259.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 694
Tho thankfully as it climbs higher into the sky and becomes more noticeable from points further out it also gets harder to make out the details. It looks much less bad from Yonge and Bloor or NPS than it does from Church and Granby or Yonge and Dundas

I'm starting to come around on the building. Hate to say it, but sometimes size in itself is impressive. If you see an NFL lineman walk past you you'll be impressed purely for that reason. Not because he's elegant, well dressed, well proportioned or any other reason. Aura's excess mullions are beginning to disappear into the scale. When the "awning" goes it might be more than passable!

Back