Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

I'm putting my money on Aura, but in fairness it's far from complete. My main reason is Trump is greatly hidden behind other tall buildings from the north and east and has great glass, Aura is completely exposed for the horror to be viewed from all sides. Though to be fair, when viewed from the north or south it's not altogether horrific.

The closer it gets to completion, the less the haters seem to hate it.

If one is disappointed with the quality, the aesthetics, and/or the functionality of a project, and they express it on this forum, does this make them a "hater"? Please explain this idea of "hater" if you would? Thanks.

In any case, the building is getting taller, but not necessarily better.

The closer it gets to completion, the less the haters seem to hate it.

grief-five-stages.jpg

Wow, amazing pics above! Thanks guys.

p.s. I'm really surprised that Suite #7901 at $18,375,000 is still for sale. I'm thinking its the maintenance fees that are turning potential buyers off :p

Wow, amazing pics above! Thanks guys.

p.s. I'm really surprised that Suite #7901 at $18,375,000 is still for sale. I'm thinking its the maintenance fees that are turning potential buyers off :p

You don't think it's the $18M price tag at the top of a run-of-the-mill building? Compare to the Four Seasons penthouse that sold for $28M, which is 2,000 sq. ft. smaller but is in a much better building with five-star amenities & services and has 2 balconies + 2 terraces.

It's so immature to call someone who reasonably and rationally disagrees with your opinion a 'hater'.

Criticism accepted... I should have said the dislikers seem to be disliking it less. I'm still under the impression, however, that DeepEnd hates this building. Apologies if I've offended. Here's a quote from a while back. There are more.
Ryan_T
I'm hating it a bit less after walking by it last weekend. The blue kinda grows on you, if you can ignore the spandrel.

You don't think it's the $18M price tag at the top of a run-of-the-mill building? Compare to the Four Seasons penthouse that sold for $28M, which is 2,000 sq. ft. smaller but is in a much better building with five-star amenities & services and has 2 balconies + 2 terraces.

Haha, yes, I was trying to be funny in saying that someone would have the $18M but be turned off by the condo fees here.

The view alone is going to be incredible, but you would want a luxurious building too for that price...which the Four Seasons would provide.

They redesigned the 75th floor of penthouse suites that had not sold. Instead of 4 suites, there are now 8 on that floor. 4 of them are still being shown for sale on the Aura site. The lowest priced is just under a million for 1090 sq. ft.

Back