Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

I'm not seeing the curved portion as working here, it's beginning to look like an after-thought. The rest of the tower is a dog's breakfast and looks even worse with the better curtainwall above. So far, it's looking like the "best" face of the building is from the south, but we'll see.

The glass being used on the curve looks good, the problem is the color is better then the other glass. It looks kinda mismatched. They should have done the balcony glass the same color as the curved portions glass.

I think we will have to wait and see how it looks in its final version (with cleaned windows) before we can pass true judgement on hwo well the curtain wall glass will look. They're pretty slow in getting the glass on, so I find all the bare concrete can make is tough to really tell how it will eventually look.

Now, let's just hope the caulk and seal the windows right...lots of condos out there running into problems with that a few years after construction.

Then methinks you are not very observant.

I also didnt notice till it was mentioned. So thanks for that guys. Now it stands out like a soar thumb to me. Hoping it all dissapears amoungst the final outcome. also i now notice floor hieght differences on alot of buildings since its beeen mentioned here and wile trump was being built.
Geee Thanks!

Now it stands out like a soar thumb to me.

This makes me want to photoshop wings onto a thumb

This design has really proven to be confusing - full of curveballs and question marks. The white bands which run alongside the beginning of the curve really don't make much sense to me, and it is becoming a bit more difficult to reserve judgement as everything comes together. I like the massing, the widened sidewalks, the contribution to the streetwall and I like the curtainwall glass, but everything else is just lukewarm for me these days. "time will tell" is getting harder and harder for me to say.

This makes me want to photoshop wings onto a thumb

This design has really proven to be confusing - full of curveballs and question marks. The white bands which run alongside the beginning of the curve really don't make much sense to me, and it is becoming a bit more difficult to reserve judgement as everything comes together. I like the massing, the widened sidewalks, the contribution to the streetwall and I like the curtainwall glass, but everything else is just lukewarm for me these days. "time will tell" is getting harder and harder for me to say.
You would almost think that the people who designed this building didn't really know what they were doing.

Sore! (J/A) And dont get me wrong, I like this project over all. And the "Qualities" that it does have. There are many!

Even though the lower section is window-wall clad, the glazing still appears to be reasonably flush to the slab edge, with the exception of those occasional grey metal panel bands. The curtain wall above is looking great.

It's difficult not to get excited by this project, even with its chaotic floor heights.

Last edited:
I think "Soar thumb" is a marvellous slip of the keyboard. It is exactly the right term for a tall but ugly building!

Though I think I join the folks who think this one is starting to look better as it continues to soar.

Does the UT community have anyone working on this building?

If so, it'd be fantastic if someone could provide a hi-res photo looking ENE toward Cabbagetown. It'd be amazing for me to see my house and green roof from that angle...or any aerial angle for that matter.

Last edited:

Back