Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

I visited the lower-level mall again today. One business is open: a hair salon. There were actually people waiting to get their hair cut. Two men were doing work in another unit, and apparently a nail salon and a dry cleaner (sigh) will open soon. The food court remains empty.

One unit was for sale; the price was $455,000. It was no more than 300 sq. ft., if I remember correctly.

I visited the lower-level mall again today. One business is open: a hair salon. There were actually people waiting to get their hair cut. Two men were doing work in another unit, and apparently a nail salon and a dry cleaner (sigh) will open soon. The food court remains empty.

One unit was for sale; the price was $455,000. It was no more than 300 sq. ft., if I remember correctly.

In March 2008, developer was selling commercial units in the basement for $ 800psf. Someone is hoping to make a 'killing' on the unit. Most likely, they will not succeed.

Condo purchasers are tentatively scheduled to move in starting around May 2013. Once a sufficient number of individuals have moved in, that will make a 'critical mass' for the unit/food court owners to start operating.

I took a few shots with my iphone while I was out for a walk today.
IMG_2919.jpg

IMG_2917-1.jpg

IMG_2927.jpg

This is in no way a critique or reflection of AlbertC's photographic skills but the photo above is the most unflattering photo I've seen of Aura on these pages. I know, the balconies aren't done and there's still a lot to go but the west side before the setback from that vantage point is really not good. I really, REALLY hope that the top section succeeds and helps make the lower section somewhat forgivable when it all comes together.

Last edited:

There was also a 200sq ft unit for rent at $1850.00/ month!!

This is in no way a critique or reflection of AlbertC's photographic skills but the photo above is the most unflattering photo I've seen of Aura on these pages. I know, the balconies aren't done and there's still a lot to go but the west side before the setback from that vantage point is really not good. I really, REALLY hope that the top section succeeds and helps make the lower section somewhat forgivable when it all comes together.

Ditto that it's not a comment about the photography, but I agree that that perspective in the afternoon sun is quite unflattering. In the soft light of the morning it isn't so noticeable, but in the full afternoon sun you notice all of the little details that make it appear kind of cluttered and heavy. I think once the top section is done it won't be nearly as bad though, because the eye is going to be drawn up toward the crown and you'll just sort of skip past the window wall. Plus it'll hardly even be visible once the 50 Gerrard building goes ahead (and what is visible will be in perpetual shadow, which will also help)

Awesome pics Razz! Now it's beginning to really show it's future dominance over the Yonge and Collage area skyline, even though it's no where near its final height, it's already becoming a landmark, and, in my opinion, looks much bigger then I thought it would, amazing, can't wait to see the completed curtain wall.

I just can't wait for Aura to reach its final big huge giant size and go stomping all over the GTA, breathing fire and destroying the civic infrastructure.

Oh, no wait . . . sorry, I was thinking of Godzilla.

I know I did a rendering from Razz's viewpoint recently but the lighting in his latest picture inspired another.
Enjoy :)

h8pG56t.jpg

6myAnmJ.jpg

(Slightly altered original and rendering for comparison. Original by Razz found Here )

Last edited:
Amazing rendering Traynor. Thanks for putting in so much work on these all the time. Must be really time consuming.

Last edited by a moderator:
GOSH! There's nothing timid about this one; a refreshing change from the apologetic buildings we usually get. I'm actually surprised a significant height reduction wasn't forced upon this building under the premise that it's so much taller than its surroundings.

Goes to show that a far taller building is sometimes the tonic, not a problem to be scaled back so we don't notice it.

Back