Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

yet another sound poem from ptbotrmpfn

fish-how-to-write-a-sentence_zps7283d2c5.jpg

Someone please hand this guy a "UT comedian of the Year" prize. My favourites are the red brick/urbandreamer retort, and the above piece of comical arrogance (arrogance because the reply itself was not a proper sentence - perhaps you should join him in reading that book ;)).

I have got to give you credit for having so much time on your hands! Thank you all for always correcting me. You must have many friends and family who respect you for pointing out their flaws. its a forum. get over it.

I apologize, ptbotrmpfn. That was not my intention at all! I just thought it was funny. On the contrary, I don't respect people who think they're superior on the basis of their literary skills - a few posters come to mind.

Pretty neat Traynor. I would have sent you full res no problem.

Tuesday morning

IMG_6311_2.jpg

IMG_6327_2.jpg

Skyjacked, these photos really give a great perspective on the gradient as it climbs from the tracks north towards Bloor. It looks like eye level for you in your cab (I'm guessing roughly 700 feet above street level) is about equal to the current crane cab of Aura (roughly 600 feet above street level)? Is there really a 100 foot difference in elevation? I must be miscalculating somehow, perhaps you weren't in the crane cab when you took these?

Also, I'm curious to know how well orchestrated your day is with respect to lifts/hoists for the project? I'm guessing it's very well planned with some flexibility in the schedule for immediate concerns?

Last edited:
It looks like eye level for you in your cab (I'm guessing roughly 700 feet above street level) is about equal to the current crane cab of Aura (roughly 600 feet above street level)? Is there really a 100 foot difference in elevation? I must be miscalculating somehow,

Looks to me like his eye level is still 50-100ft above the crane at Aura.
I'd say your right about the Aura cab being around 600ft above ground since Aura itself is about the same height as Burano 535ft(it looks shorter but its on lower ground). But I think skyjacked is closer to 730-740ft since his cab is almost the same height as TD Canada Trust Tower roof (745ft).

Also the elevation for Aura is 318ft on average while L is 253ft ASL, so its only 65ft higher.
http://www.daftlogic.com/sandbox-google-maps-find-altitude.htm

Skyjacked cab is 231m or around 758 feet based off this recent image

8495482854_8d7a33af7c_b.jpg

Aura is now around 180m or 590 feet. so aura cab is probably around 200m 30m 100 feet lower then L tower crane.

Then factor in the height difference in ground elevation, L tower cab is about only 35 feet higher, so from that perspective and that height they do almost appear on par

Crap picture from my phone - but a pic from the balcony of the apartment I moved in to yesterday - gonna be fun to see the rest of this building rise

qyy3up.jpg

Back