Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Construction Update

8235886336_21e1de3062_b.jpg

I actually think the tower may come together once it reaches its upper floors and the cladding transitions into curtain wall. Of course, the podium will remain awful, but there's nothing that can be done about that now.

I know retail sales were down in Canada during the summer largely because the cross-border shopping limits were increased. Canadian stores better start lowering their prices and bring in better quality of goods if they want keep shoppers in Canada.

Online retailers becoming more and more popular with low overhead and cheaper pricing doesn't help either. Increasing the shopping limits for Canadians to shop in the US is a tragic mistake.

i was amazed when i was at the malls in the Buffalo last month, the cars with Ontario plates outnumbered the cars with American plates! They also make us feel welcome, something Canadians stores could learn from.

It's been like that for decades. In the 80's & 90's once or twice a year I used to drive my best friends over to the Factory Warehouse outlet in Niagara Falls NY for a few hours. I didn't shop but they always treated me to a great free dinner at Lou's & Pete's Market House. American's are definitely better at doing retail (and often restaurant service too) than Canadians are, at least in Toronto (my only reference).

I shopped at the BBB today. A very spacious store offering tons of stuff. Pleasant experience. They are offering 20% off on everything right now It is a very good continuation of retail from Eaton Centre to College Park.

Now I wish the retail strip between Dundas and Gerard could be improved. I also hope Atrium on bay can be used more efficiently soon. Like 10 Dundas 10, it is another waste of prime retail space.

Back