Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

I can't for the life of me figure out where Aura is in Jaye's beautiful shot! Help!!!

It took me a long time too!

el9tn.jpg

The balcony glass on the left that they've settled with looks much nicer, imo, but just doesn't belong to Aura. It seems that in no way does it relate to any part of the design of the building. It'll do a nice job of masking the sides of the balcony concrete, and it'll look decent from afar, but up close it's likely to clash.

+1... Exactly my thoughts!

That Photo indicates our suspicion.

There is still a long, long, long, way to go before this one is done. another 8 to 12 months, depending on how winter is this year.

^ given the length of these balconies, the overall form of the building, and the quality of design and execution we have seen so far, I think this glass is just right. It will give the building the feel of an updated commie-block with a pituitary disorder. My preference would have been powder-coated steel, but you can't have everything.

I walk by this sign every day on my way home from work (leading from College Park down to Aura), and if they don't straighten it out soon, I may have an anal-retentive nervous breakdown.

AuraSign.JPG

Last edited:
Not the only thing falling apart -- I don't have a picture but the weather stripping (or whatever it's called - that long strip of fuzzy material that runs from the top of the door down to the bottom) on the doors on Yonge St. entrance to BB+B is already loose halfway up the door.

Last edited by a moderator:
It took me a long time too!
I actually thought it was the crane to the right in the picture! I guess I was mistaken!

Great shot, Jaye. It's amazing to see just how much Toronto has grown in recent years. This shot from Panoramio (appears to be early 2010) illustrates that:

I couldn't even imagine what the view will look like once Aura, 1BE, Massey, Oxford, Mirvish, 50 Bloor are completed, not to mention the dozens on others.

Great shot Jaye.

Thank you.. Remember the location! It's open to everyone!

Last edited:
Weren't some of the condos selling in this tower, over a million dollars? I can't imagine someone paying in the millions of dollars for a condo here, knowing it's atop of such a cheap, downscale mall, that seems second or third rate, at best. Usually when someone buys a multi-million dollar condo, they want something with a bit of cachet, that's going to impress. (no prestige here)

Not the only thing falling apart -- I don't have a picture but the weather stripping (or whatever it's called - that long strip of fuzzy material that runs from the top of the door down to the bottom) on the doors on Yonge St. entrance to BB+B is already loose halfway up the door.

The schlegel! Get over it, that's just a fuzzy little piece of foam that slips into a track, they fall out all the time and just need to be reinserted by the janitor or building maintenance guy. Hardly something even worth mentioning on a building that size

The schlegel! Get over it, that's just a fuzzy little piece of foam that slips into a track, they fall out all the time and just need to be reinserted by the janitor or building maintenance guy. Hardly something even worth mentioning on a building that size

My thoughts exactly. It seems a few people on here like to nitpick the smallest of details. I guess many of them have forgotten that even complete buildings have issues (hence the need for Property Management).

Obviously someone from Aura is reading this thread, since after WEEKS of that sign being mounted on an angle, it was finally fixed today!

AuraSignFixed.jpg

^^ LOL I wonder if they'll also put a decent ceiling in BB&B, as well as change the hidious lighting? Oh, that basement needs an overhaul too. A bit of colour would do wonders.

Back