Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Amazing pic SkyJacked!!!! Glad to see you in this thread now too, you have such an amazing vantage point and it's good to see it in some different threads. Thanks for the awesome shot.

Thanks someMidTowner. I will be looking up at this building soon so...

2163-1.jpg

What is smoking in the background?

2350.jpg

Last edited:
Can someone remind us how many more floor until they make the floor plate transition? I don't quite see it yet, but it ought to be coming soon shouldn't it?

We’re currently on the 47th floor. The next level (48th) will introduce the western curve, which we’ll see over the next week or so.

The model in thier show room must be the old version. 75 s. because, it should be curving on the one they are currently on as it starts curving only four floors after the last balcony. thats when the curve starts based othe modle thier in thier show room.. I have many pictures of the modle and it shows the current walls being worked on as being the start of the curve but its still a box shape still. though i took the pictures of that modle from the show room a year ago.

That model was made before they added 3 floors in the 30s. It was still 75 floors high then.

6 December 2012: I paid a visit to the Yonge Street Trailer Park--yep my new name for this project :D At least the washroom was empty. It looks like it's Pho this, Noodle that downstairs--upstairs as well? Very diverse...err whatever. Village by the Grange Vibe or more like North York Centre?
20121206143809.jpg

I was thinking of the other kind of clipper when I saw this...good for fleeing in a hurry....
20121206143747.jpg

I also have a feeling this will have a Village By The Grange feeling. From the day that place opened, it was cheap and dumpy, which is why Toronto has never taking a liking to it. I think it just gets more dilapidated, year after year. I would not be surprised if this ghetto mall also meets the same fate. Sure, the area has a lot more walk by traffic but once people see how depressing it looks, will they want to come back? I think they will come back only if the stores offer cheap prices on third rate merchandise. (think Pacific Mall) This mall could very quickly become a discount, dollar store dump.

The food court here, reminds me of the one in Chinatown Centre, of which 80% are vacant. (or were they closed down by the health board?)

Last edited:
Does anyone here have the ability to replace Aura in that picture with the render of the completed tower?

I would do it but man I suck at Photoshop haha

I was walking by late last night and to my surprise, the escalator in the lobby was running and the glass door was open. So, I decided to go on down and take a look at the retail basement.

My first impression is that the layout is rather busy, more constricted than usual, and a tad disjointed. The hallways are fairly narrow.
I was shocked, though, at how small the retail units were. I can't call them shops or stores, they're more like booths or stalls. Some of them must only measure about six by ten feet or so - perhaps less. One that you could barely fit a fishbowl in was set under the escalator. The finishings were a bit thick-fingered, too. I hope the partition walls between these things are easily removable - and the rents are cheap - or I don't see how much will survive in this space for long.
Trying to jam so many retail spaces into the hallways has increased the risk that the spaces that are occupied will become more anonymous. The hallways so look alike, and all of it is so repetitive, it will take some effort for one of these places to stand out - or for customers to remember exactly where it is.

Another thing I found disappointing is that the entry from Aura into College Park is not smooth nor easy. You have to go through two sets of opaque firedoors that don't look like they lead anywhere. Then, into a nondescript space where you a small flight of stairs wrapped around a single elevator will let you climb up to the basement level of College Park. Surely, there must have been a better way to handle it - as is done between the bank buildings downtown.

Some of these things might be remedied as the space fills up with tenants. It'll be interesting to see how it goes.

Back